indyflick

Re: Standard Equipment on Nissan Leaf

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:17 pm

garygid wrote:Apparently floor mats, etc. will be extra-cost options for both models (SV and SL).
I see floor mats listed as an accessory, so does that mean neither the SV nor SL has any floor mats?

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:20 pm

indyflick wrote:
garygid wrote:Apparently floor mats, etc. will be extra-cost options for both models (SV and SL).
I see floor mats listed as an accessory, so does that mean neither the SV nor SL has any floor mats?
Indyflick...those are 'all weather' mats. The cars come with regular floor mats.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

LEAFguy
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 pm

leaffan wrote:Indyflick...those are 'all weather' mats. The cars come with regular floor mats.
The car will likely not come with "regular floor mats". If you check out any current Nissan model on their web site, carpeted floor mats are an available option. Many manufacturers offer mats as an option (although almost 100% of cars come equipped with them) as a way to improve margin. This is not just a Nissan thing. Toyota, for instance, also offers carpeted floor mats as an optional item.
Last edited by LEAFguy on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:27 pm

LEAFguy wrote:
leaffan wrote:Indyflick...those are 'all weather' mats. The cars come with regular floor mats.
The car will likely not come with "regular floor mats". If you check out any current Nissan model on their web site, carpeted floor mats are an available option. Many manufacturers offer mats as an option (although almost 100% of cars come equipped with them) as a way to improve margin. This is not just a Nissan thing.
I'm just repeating what Connell Nissan said on here. :)
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

indyflick

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 pm

leaffan wrote:
indyflick wrote:
Indyflick...those are 'all weather' mats. The cars come with regular floor mats.
Thanks.

mossyleaf
Delivery Date: 25 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2218

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:34 pm

That's correct. Floormats are almost always an "option" although almost every car is ordered with this "option" making it not that optional.
Platinum Service at no extra charge!
leonk@mossy.com
http://www.mossyleaf.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
858-565-4411x205
Owner/2011 Silver SL-e

indyflick

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:40 pm

It occurs to me that our issues and struggles with understanding the details of the trim packages and the accessories may be due to the fact that nowadays very few automobiles are actually ordered by consumers. The dealers normally pick a variety of colors and trims to offer to their local market. Nissan hasn't appeared to anticipate the importance of providing us details on Leaf trim packages and accessories including pricing and photos in a timely fashion. This was probably not on their critical path.

LEAFguy
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:43 pm

indyflick wrote:It occurs to me that our issues and struggles with understanding the details of the trim packages and the accessories may be due to the fact that nowadays very few automobiles are actually ordered by consumers. The dealers normally pick a variety of colors and trims to offer to their local market. Nissan hasn't appeared to anticipate the importance of providing us details on Leaf trim packages and accessories including pricing and photos in a timely fashion. This was probably not on their critical path.
Good observation.

indyflick

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 pm

mossyleaf wrote:That's correct. Floormats are almost always an "option" although almost every car is ordered with this "option" making it not that optional.
So are you saying there are no floor mats unless you order the floor mat accessory? That's very different from "it comes standard with floor mats but you can order premium all-weather floor mats for $170".

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 pm

By way of an illustration of how they may look, Versa floor and cargo area mats can be seen here:

http://www.nissanusa.com/versa/accessories.html

Cost of a set for both passenger compartment and cargo area of the Versa appears to be $146.

This is what I'd expect of a premium set - nice and thick, bound edges, and a logo applique.

My Ford was available with two types - premium as these and then a lesser quality which were thinner, heat sealed edges, and no logo. But I don't remember these being a standard item by any means...just a cheaper factory accessory.

Edit: Actually, those don't appear to have bound edges....I just looked at the pictures bigger. Hmmm.....
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 85,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses