jludwi2

Re: Nissan Leaf : Trims, Features, Options, MSRP, Invoice Prices

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Leaffan, thanks! I was being nice. I talked to another local dealer, and he said they weren't suppose to give RFQ's over the phone, email (only thru the website), but that it would be much better. I'll let you know once it's in.

Thanks a lot, there is another thread where people are accepting orders at or just BELOW the MSRP, so it seems like closer to 35,500 would be ok, and
anything under good.

Jerry
leaffan wrote:
jludwi2 wrote:Dublin Nissan quote (not quite an invoice). But I suspect/hope it's a little high.

The Nissan LEAF MSRP of $33,720 with $700 quick charge port and $170 carpeted mats is selling for is selling for $39,585 plus fee's. At Dublin Nissan we strive to make your purchase experience enjoyable and fun and if there is anything I can do help, please let me know.

Junior Isaaq
Sales Manager
Dublin Nissan
925-452-8026 direct
http://www.dublinnissan.com/
A LITTLE high? It's outrageously high! That's almost $40K! Good luck with that! There are many dealers at MSRP or below so you will be lucky to get even one!

EVDRIVER

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Why are there still no pictures of the options packages on the Leaf site, does Nissan expect people to order some of these without even seeing what they look like. Talk about being behind in marketing.

Jimmydreams
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0175

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:52 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:Why are there still no pictures of the options packages on the Leaf site, does Nissan expect people to order some of these without even seeing what they look like. Talk about being behind in marketing.
True, but no one has signed any kind of binding contract....if you don't like the car when it comes in, you ask for your $99 back and you walk away.

I'm not expecting to do that, but it's a worst case option.
JimmyD
http://www.jjhamilton.com/solar
Blue SL Leaf delivered 1/7/2011
EVP participant. EVSE: Blink
6.75kW PV solar

evnow
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:54 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:Why are there still no pictures of the options packages on the Leaf site, does Nissan expect people to order some of these without even seeing what they look like. Talk about being behind in marketing.
Yes - it is kind of a blind shot. For some accessories you can look at other Nissan cars to get an idea. For some like the Eco package it is fairly blind ...

I finally orderd
- Mats
- Eco Package
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

EVDRIVER

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Jimmydreams wrote:
True, but no one has signed any kind of binding contract....if you don't like the car when it comes in, you ask for your $99 back and you walk away.

I'm not expecting to do that, but it's a worst case option.

LOL, cancel the order over a bad option choice. The point is if you want people to be interested in something and to buy it you show what it looks like so there is interest and they know what they are getting, forget safety kit pictures but at least the hologram door feature. I would never order something like that from a text description and get something I don't like. They are not going to sell much from text descriptions, perhaps they could show one Leaf color and "describe" the rest without pictures. My guess is they don't even have pictures yet as they are so far behind.

Ready2plugin

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:00 pm

jludwi2 wrote:Dublin Nissan quote (not quite an invoice). But I suspect/hope it's a little high.

The Nissan LEAF MSRP of $33,720 with $700 quick charge port and $170 carpeted mats is selling for is selling for $39,585 plus fee's. At Dublin Nissan we strive to make your purchase experience enjoyable and fun and if there is anything I can do help, please let me know.

Junior Isaaq
Sales Manager
Dublin Nissan
925-452-8026 direct
http://www.dublinnissan.com/
I could not even get the manager at Dubin to return an email when I asked if they would sell at MSRP, so I quickly changed my dealer to Redwood Nissan, and so glad I did. FYI, check out their BBB rating (F).

EVDRIVER

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:01 pm

evnow wrote:
Yes - it is kind of a blind shot. For some accessories you can look at other Nissan cars to get an idea. For some like the Eco package it is fairly blind ...

I finally orderd
- Mats
- Eco Package

That's a good guess, but I don't want to end up with a potential interior trim surprise I did not see before. Sometimes these things end up being ugly.

Dav
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:19 pm

I actually want the hologram kick plates based on the Cube picture.

But I didn't order them because I have to see them first. Plus I figure that is one "factory option" that will be a dealer option in just a few months (a few months after December that is).

evnow
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Dav wrote:But I didn't order them because I have to see them first. Plus I figure that is one "factory option" that will be a dealer option in just a few months (a few months after December that is).
Only factory option is L3. Rest are dealer (edit : port) installed accessories ...
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

Skywagon
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:01 pm

evnow wrote:Only factory option is L3. Rest are dealer installed accessories ...
I had heard otherwise... that they were either factory or port installed.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”