lvpatpatt wrote:My car battery is dead at 44 miles,
2 bars used.
Should I be getting more?
Where can I read about this?
Way too little to know what you're asking or whether it's a problem.
1) What was your charge at the start of the trip? 80%? 100%?
2) What temperature was it outside?
3) Were you using heat or AC, or just driving?
4) What speed were you driving at? Highway? Stop and go?
5) When you say "2 bars used", what do you mean? There are two sets of battery bars:
a) Big bars - These show the battery's current charge level
b) Small bars - These show the battery's overall capacity (health)
If you have 10 small bars, and you start a trip at 100% charge, you should usually go more than 44 miles. However, if it's really cold outside and you're running the heat, then it's very possible that you could get that range. Also, the most efficient speed to travel at is around 25-35 miles per hour. The faster you go above that speed, the faster your range drops.