Hello! A Gift to Myself

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

I'm looking at retiring this coming fall and have decided to give myself a Nissan LEAF as a reward for working for over 30 years.

With oil prices on the rise and the number of miles I will be required to travel each day reduced to less than 50 the Nissan LEAF seems like a perfect fit.

I have wanted an all electric vehicle for years and am very excited about finally getting one. I do have numerous questions of a general nature.

One of my concerns is: Will the car be mobilized while charging? I realize that the charging socket is in the front of the car and it doesn't seem like anyone in their right mind would drive off while the car in in the middle of charging but I know certain members of family can be very careless. I am hoping that the car is smart enough not to allow anyone to rip the charging station off the wall by driving off while the car is plugged in.

Luft said:
I'm looking at retiring this coming fall and have decided to give myself a Nissan LEAF as a reward for working for over 30 years.

With oil prices on the rise and the number of miles I will be required to travel each day reduced to less than 50 the Nissan LEAF seems like a perfect fit.

I have wanted an all electric vehicle for years and am very excited about finally getting one. I do have numerous questions of a general nature.

One of my concerns is: Will the car be mobilized while charging? I realize that the charging socket is in the front of the car and it doesn't seem like anyone in their right mind would drive off while the car in in the middle of charging but I know certain members of family can be very careless. I am hoping that the car is smart enough not to allow anyone to rip the charging station off the wall by driving off while the car is plugged in.

No, you can't drive it when plugged in, there are multiple safety measures on all aspects of EVs.

And if you do manage to somehow get the vehicle moving (coasting down the driveway?), the cord is designed to separate from the charging station, just like the breakaway hoses at the gas station.

Back