Someone (Not It!!!) should write a FAQ-like thing listing the pros and cons of leasing or buying a Leaf. I did one on buying vs leasing, but that isn't really what's needed here. The super-short version:
* The Leaf is very comfortable, with many standard and available features.
* The 2018+ Leaf is quite "normal" looking, as opposed to the polarizing looks of the Gen 1/1.5.
* Between the 24kwh, 30kwh, 40kwh and 62kwh versions, there is a Leaf suitable for most driving needs.
* The 40 and 62kwh Leaf 2 have very good acceleration. Not Tesla-like, but quite adequate. The Gen I Leaf has very good acceleration up to about 40MPH.
* The Leaf has no thermal management for the battery, other than a small battery warmer that only keeps the battery from damage in frigid weather.
* The 2018+ Leafs are not good cars for 200+ mile trips, as they don't quick charge well or fast.
* The Leaf has handling that is more Camry-like than Tesla-like.
* Earlier Leafs have batteries that degrade either quickly or at least noticeably. The 40kwh Leaf degrades about 5-8% a year. The 62kwh Leaf remains an unknown quantity in this regard.
Feel free to add to this list.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.