Southern California - Outside LA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennc

I got my Leaf yesterday - probably one of the 600 that got out of Japan right before the earthquake. With 100% charged, I drove from my home to Laguna Beach in ECO mode on freeways with smooth Saterday traffic, mostly in slow lane, at average speed of 65 MPH, roughly 60 miles of total distance withou A/C. I got there with 30+ remaining.

So far, the range is near advertised number. I probably would have got 100 miles if I drive slower. I triggle charged battery overnight at the beach using the regular wall outlet, and will head back to my house soon. I hope that the rain would clear up a little.

So far, I am happy with my Leaf. There are few annoyances but it is expectable when something new is introduced to the mass. The techonological advancement, which has improveed quality of life of many people, has its negative side effects. But with the right technology nad effort, the problem can be fixed, or at least, mitigated. Leaf is not the answer to all problems, but it is part of solution. I rather to be a part the effort that help cure the decease than be a part of black-tar lovers blowing stinking smoke about this and that is not good enough... :)

Back