Leaf Home charging problem from Newbie

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myWALLe

Posting here as adviced in read first before posting section. dont want to break any rules.

My Nissan Leaf 2015 suddenly stopped charging at home in my garage with the regular charger that came with the car. When I plug in I get some hi pitch beeps and all three lights flashes quickly a few times and then all the 3 charging lights go all black and I don't get the one two or three lights I usually get get when charging. The dashboard plugged in icon is showing. BUT no charging is happening. The charger's cord light shows green as normal. What gives? Any ideas. Thanks. This is my first problem (hence first post) with this Leaf - have had it for 1.5 years. Some 45K miles. Battery seems to have "lost" one bar but that was like that already at 30K when I bought it. Love it - until now :)

G'day,

Sorry to hear about your charging issues. The car is definitely not happy about something.

Is the charge plug inserting all the way into the car socket and is the thumb latch on top of the plug latching?

Have a look at the end of the charge plug and the inside of the car socket for any foreign material or damage, and make sure contact pins are straight and not pushed in further than others.

Are you able to plug the charging cord into a different outlet? Is there an available public charger nearby that you can try?

Back