New Leaf owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpiotro

I took delivery about three weeks ago now. My previous car was a 2014 Infiniti Q50 hybrid AWD. It gave me a taste of what electrons can do. That thing was awesome in every respect. I loved that car.

Things have changed. My wife is now retired and I am trying to wean off customers from my side business. I do IT support for automotive retailers. I decided that maybe an EV was right for me. My wife has a fun car and my driving has been reduced. I only put 6K miles on my Q last year. I thought maybe a transportation appliance was right for me. The local dealer had two leftover 2020s in stock. Dealer discounts and factory rebates totaling ~$11,000. Then there is the Federal tax credit of $7,500. I had to take a look. I took one for a drive and thought "Hey. not bad. I could live with this". With all taxes and fees, a 72 month extended warranty minus all incentives and my trade, out of pocket came to About $18,000. Not bad. After three weeks with it it has really grown on me. I have started really enjoying this car. The smoothness, the quiet, the power delivery and the fact that I can preheat (or cool) the cabin is a big plus.

Then there is the extremely low maintenance costs, (the other car is a Mercedes) and the absence of the angst of owning an ICE powered car. You know, "what's that noise?, It is really cold today I'll have to take it easy until it warms up, Yikes, gas prices going up again" etc.

So, there's my story. I look forward to gaining more knowledge about the car while I'm here.

As a town car, in milder climates, the LEAF is a nice EV at a reasonable price.

It's reputation has taken a bit of a beating due to the passive cooling, and the impact of that on battery degradation in hotter climates, and to related "rapidgate" DC fast/quick charging issues on longer trips.

To my mind, Nissan should have avoided selling the LEAF in hotter climates as I frankly find selling a passively cooled EV, that will reside in a hot climate, a pretty shady business practice :lol:

Pardon the pun

Welcome. We have 2 2019 Leaf Pluses and use then for everything including regional road trips (~400-500 miles a day). 3 kids, though all full size and adults by definition.

I am not sure my teen and emergent adult drivers could ever deal with an ice after driving evs almost exclusively. (Technical the older 2 both drove our old minivan once before we sold it last year)

I, also, have become a new Leaf owner. Mine is a 2021 SL-Plus, white with the black top. The dealer and factory incentives closed the deal for me, plus the tax rebate. I really have enjoyed driving the car. I am 6'1" 230 lbs and find the car easy to get in and out of and comfortable to drive. I bought a Splitvolt unit so I can charge at 240V in my garage without installation of a dedicated line. It has worked very well for me. I am fully retired so commuting is not an issue with me and we have an hybrid Highlander for long trips. Looking forward to years of use.

White with the block roof is the best look for the 2018 and up models :) Still haven't really found 100% love for the new aesthetic, but it's definitely better than the original.

Back