New guy from New Hampshire

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjb750j

I just wanted to say thanks for adding me to the group. I just purchased my first EV ( 2016 SL ) with 13300 miles.
Before retiring I worked for 40+ years in the automotive aftermarket industry. I have seen a lot of changes over that time
but I have to admit I am excited to see what is around the corner as far as EV and battery technology are concerned.
I did purchase the Leaf Spy app for my I phone. I am impressed with the features contained in it.
anywho off to see what this group offers and I am sure I will have plenty of questions soon..
Mike B

mjb750j said:
I just wanted to say thanks for adding me to the group. I just purchased my first EV ( 2016 SL ) with 13300 miles.
Before retiring I worked for 40+ years in the automotive aftermarket industry. I have seen a lot of changes over that time
but I have to admit I am excited to see what is around the corner as far as EV and battery technology are concerned.
I did purchase the Leaf Spy app for my I phone. I am impressed with the features contained in it.
anywho off to see what this group offers and I am sure I will have plenty of questions soon..
Mike B

Welcome from Pittsburgh Mike. I bought a used 13 last year and can't get over how cheap and fun this car is. Enjoy .

New Hampshire is the right kind of climate for a LEAF. You have a fair chance of getting long service from the car.

I don't talk about reliability because these cars do not rack up miles, but most people find they are cheap to keep around. Other than tyres and 12v batteries, I have spent $54 on my LEAF over 4 years. And since its market value is only a few thousand dollars, my liability only insurance is cheap at ~ $25 a month.

mjb750j said:

Welcome, Mike.

This group has been around a long time. There are real experts here, clueless trolls, Tesla fans trying to get referral bonuses, ordinary people, and some real unique types.

Hey Mike- replying from Vermont, similar climate for sure! we bought a used 2015, drove it for a year and a half, then bought a new Leaf Plus because the 2015 did everything so well. Snow, ice, summer travel...... but beware the winter heating blues, your mileage may vary but plan on about 2/3 of the summer mileage if you run studded snow tires and use heat (we do, my wife is not willing to sit in a frozen car when the actual cost to heat is minimal...) Dan

Welcome Mike!

I'm just south or your border in Mass. I've had my 2018 Leaf for 2 years now and things are going great. I just have to watch out for the heat consuming a lot of power on long drives. My heated steering wheel helps a lot too.

Back