Leaf Spy Dongle for Android

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismoman240sx

Just purchased a 2015 SV w/QC. Only has 13K miles on it and has 12 bars still! I'd like to know the actual SOH and wanted to get Leaf Spy, but I can't seem to find anything stating if there's a preferred adapter for Android. I'll probably leave it plugged in all the time, so I'd like something slim so I can put the cover back on. Any suggestions?
160267450_3879760068736977_8481202788842860195_o.jpg

Rather than try find a unit small enough to not be in the way, you can also use an OBDII extension cable with a right angle plug, and mount the socket end where it's more convenient. The unit in my signature works fine for Android, and it's the only one they make. It's also inexpensive. Other can suggest units that sleep when the car is Off.

I made the topic name more specific, and will move it to the existing topic in a few days.

I bought this dongle for use with an Android phone (I'm just using the free version of LeafSpy): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0755N61PW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No complaints. It works fine. I believe it was recommended either by LeafSpy or someone on here. It's pretty low profile, and I leave it plugged in all the time.

I think this is the dongle the creator of LeafSpy recommends for both Android and iOS.

Driver8 said:
I bought this dongle for use with an Android phone (I'm just using the free version of LeafSpy): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0755N61PW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No complaints. It works fine. I believe it was recommended either by LeafSpy or someone on here. It's pretty low profile, and I leave it plugged in all the time.

Well I tried the LELink and while it works fine on my iOS tablet, I can't get it to pair with my Android (Pixel 4XL) phone. I'm also getting messages about the app being designed for an older version of Android and that it may not work properly. I was wanting to have it pair with my phone, but most of the things I cared about (changing headlight and door lock behaviors and seeing how many QC's and L1/L2 charges had been done) I was able to do/see on my tablet, so I'll probably just leave it alone for now. But now that I've used it a bit, that part that tells you your range based on kwh/mi would be handy for the rare times I want to take a highway trip. I think I'm going to try a different OBD adapter to see if I can get it to pair with my phone.

Nevermind my last post. I used Leaf Spy and it wouldn't connect. For kicks, I tried the Pro version and it worked just fine!

So, for anyone reading this, if you're using Android 11 and the LELink^2 adapter, you'll have to get the Pro version to get it to work.

Back