Intro.. Owner of new 21 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shutterrific

Hello all,

Picked up a new 2021 Leaf late July. I travel daily about 84 miles round trip for work. I'm already over 3k miles. So far, so good. Trying to prep for winter driving in Northern Utah. I have the SL Plus /w 17" tires. I am planning to purchase the Nissan 16" steel wheels and mount snow tires on them. Good/Bad idea? I am researching TPMS options currently. Also, trying to figure out the apparent clunky Nissan Connect EV app. Mainly the reports and activity section. Nothing showing up there. Seems to be an issue. Any advise greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the group. My family has 2 2019 Plus Leafs (S+ and SV+), the second replaced our minivan.

I use the app almost every day to look at the fficiency stats or SoC on the SV+. Otherwise, we use it primarily for remote preheat and cooling. On a rare occasion, I have used it to unlock the doors or find the car. It's not the speediest app, but it works OK. You can try some of the 3rd party apps which prefect some of the data more often if the speed bothers you.

Otherwise, we keep the tires between 41-44psi for a but extra range, run the cars between 30 and 75% SoC and of course obsess over the battery health, which doesn't really follow any pattern any more. :)

I have 16" steel wheels with snow tires and have not bothered to use the TPMS system, the little red light stays on all winter no prob....... it is kinda fun in the Spring to have the light go off! Welcome!

Back