Dead 2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin

I recently drove my Leaf and the battery was at 70%. When I came out to drive it this morning it was totally dead. I’m guessing that I drained the 12V battery somehow, but can’t figure out how. I checked the doors, headlights, interior light and all were off/closed. Did I forget to turn the car off?!?

Likely you did nothing wrong. When this exact thing happened to me last year I drove it the day before & nothing the next morning. Once I charged the 12V the car came back alive as if nothing happened.

Austin said:
I recently drove my Leaf and the battery was at 70%. When I came out to drive it this morning it was totally dead. I’m guessing that I drained the 12V battery somehow, but can’t figure out how. I checked the doors, headlights, interior light and all were off/closed. Did I forget to turn the car off?!?

The Leaf shuts off the lights after 15 minutes, so more than likely you have a failing 12 volt battery. You'll notice it the most once the weather starts getting cooler.
At 70% charge, the Leaf could remain "on" for days this way if it wasn't doing anything else but just sitting in standby.

Back