Home Charging System

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMSav

My partner and I just bought a 2022 Nissan SV+ and are waiting for the call to pick it up. We are looking at home charging systems and wondered if anyone had any recommendations - there are so many to choose from!

Welcome. I made your title more specific, and may merge the topic with an existing one later on.

Home charging stations come in various 'flavors', from very basic to more elaborate, with features like WiFi connectivity. In the Basic category I recommend Clipper Creek. They are made in the US, have a 3 year warranty for home use, and are dependable. Clipper Creek uses the needed circuit breaker size to designate models, rather than actual charging output. Thus a 30 amp station (This is the largest amperage a Nissan Leaf can utilize) would have a "40" in the model name, to denote the 40 amp breaker required. Example: "HCS-40."

KMSav said:
My partner and I just bought a 2022 Nissan SV+ and are waiting for the call to pick it up. We are looking at home charging systems and wondered if anyone had any recommendations - there are so many to choose from!

You can wall mount the one it comes with and get L2 charging from it, just need an electrician to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet for you. If you want to keep it portable for the one your Leaf comes with already, you can purchase an identical unit I am selling used here :D
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=32626
You would basically have two of them, but not at the insane price that Nissan charges for them. ;)

Congrats, I think you'll love the car. I'd just add that I'd check with your local utility as there may be rebates available. I think you can claim a federal tax credit on any system but some utilities also give rebates but only on specified models.

Back