Newbie with 2015 Leaf & Questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyRico224

Hi all,

I just bought a 2015 Nissan Leaf from a one-time owner. The couple recently upgraded to a new Tesla, so I got a great deal on it. it's got 32,000 miles, all 12 bars on the battery and goes roughly 60 miles on a full charge by my estimate (dash says 74, but you know how that goes). it also has the two ports - regular and fast charging.

Looking for any helpful tips or things I should avoid doing. I am a former Suburban owner, so this is the polar opposite for me. But I was looking for an inexpensive vehicle for in-city driving only.

Thanks.

Welcome. This should help: https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=23297&p=482154

Charge to 60-80% unless you need more range. If you need a 100% charge, use a charge timer (or mental math) to time it so that the charge ends right before you leave. Especially avoid leaving it sitting at 100% charge when the battery or the weather is hot.

I'm going to make your title a bit more specific.

LeftieBiker said:
use a charge timer (or mental math) to time it so that the charge ends right before you leave. Especially avoid leaving it sitting at 100% charge when the battery or the weather is hot.
It doesn't require to the minute timing. Use within an hour is also pretty good

More like "Don't charge to 100% with a hot battery if you can avoid it, and don't leave it at 100% for more than a few hours - especially in Summer. The QC port means you can DC Fast Charge, but remember that doing that to a hot battery makes it hotter. Don't worry at all about fast charging in Winter unless you do it multiple times in one trip. In that case, watch the battery temp and try to avoid more than 7 bars on the temperature "gauge" on the dashboard.

Back