New leaf owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nekocentral

Hey everyone, I'm Neko

Got my leaf back in august and been loving it so far (near 10K km driven already).
I'm even planning on doing a big road trip with it and was thinking of even doing some fun stuff with the car during that time. For one of the things i'm thinking of even streaming a big part of the trip for fun but was wondering if there was a way to capture certain data from the car (Speed, Battery, trip distance), Do any of you have some tips on how to capture it in a way i can view it realtime?

You need an android phone - a cheap one with no cell service will work fine - and an OBDII port reader like the one in my signature. Not all of them will work with the Leaf, but that one and several others will.

While you can run Android apps on Windows 10/11, the Windows Subsystem for Android does not currently support generic Bluetooth connectivity. So, maybe in the near future you will be able to run LeafSpy on Windows via the Windows Subsystem for Android, but not right now.

thanks for the tips for using leafspy i guess i will have to capture the screen of a phone for now.
i was thinking of using a bluetooth odb2 scannen and mabye software to capture on my notebook it but due to the leaf's non standard odb that might be a bit harder.

Back