Windhield distortion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdausti

Sitting in the drivers seat, I can see 3 lines of distortion when looking out the windshield on the passengers side. Sitting in the passenger seat, you can't see it. Sometimes it distorts street signs, etc. When they gave me a loaner Altima, it had a similar issue to a lesser degree, but the rear glass was just awful with horizontal distortion that could be seen easily through the rear view mirror. The dealer says they can't do anything about it. I said I wouldn't have taken delivery if I had known it had a defective windshield. Has anyone else had this experience? I'll call back to the Ohio center and check on the reference number they gave me. I don't think a brand new car should have a distorted windshield of any kind. Where do I go from here to get help?
Thanks,
Brad in Seattle

I noticed a bit of distortion with my front windshield as well.
It doesn't effect the appearance or my ability to see out but is noticeable.
Mostly when I am making turns and see the distortion when looking across the windshield (Drivers side to passenger side). Rear window looks fine.

I'd say its a bit like getting used to bifocals when tilting your focal point. If you don't wear bifocals I guess its a big deal.
I now have Trifocals thanks to my windshield. :ugeek:

The Leaf's windshield is "steeply raked" so you are looking through more glass than many other vehicles which have more upright windshields.

Part of the price to pay for better aerodynamics I guess.

The Ohio center is still working on it. There is zero distortion on the drivers side.....so I guess that's the only place there is a quality check.

After going around with Nissan consumer hotline for several weeks, I called the salesman back. Today I took the car in so I could show the service manager in person the problem. He sees it and also saw the same issue on 2 other Leafs sitting outside. He will now relate the problem to the Nissan engineer.

I took the car in last week for the "Nissan" rep from the bay area to see the distortion (Mr. Grassi??) and also a Mr. Akomoto. (I believe he might have been a Leaf technician). Anyway, it could easily be seen parked, but they wanted to drive it around. Now I've waited another week for the rep in Ohio to get back to me. I see on another website that there are other Nissan owners experiencing the same problem.

FWIW - noticed this the other week. Most noticeable sitting in the passenger seat, don't notice it from the driver's seat.

Back