Exchange for buyers to swap colors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VeloV

Is there an exchange for color swaps, either through Nissan, or less formally, where both buyers can instruct their dealers to enact the transfer?
I was told by dealer and by chat and by phone that I couldn't switch.

VeloV said:
Is there an exchange for color swaps, either through Nissan, or less formally, where both buyers can instruct their dealers to enact the transfer?
I was told by dealer and by chat and by phone that I couldn't switch.

The reason you can't switch is because your LEAF is probably already in production. When we ordered, there was a much longer delay and I was able to switch colors four times. I did this through CS before the 'edit' button was added to our DB. Later, on our dashboards, if the car hadn't gone into production, there was an 'edit' button beside 'color' and you change it. The second wave is much faster now from reservation to order (RAQ), and I doubt if that edit button is there.

I suppose two people, especially if they had the same dealer, might be able to work up an informal swap before they took delivery. The dealer(s) would have to agree to it. I haven't heard of it happening, though.

Back