nogajim
Delivery Date: 22 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3300

Re: Anyone in Georgia?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:57 am

Rktennis wrote:.Did you have to explain the GA tax credit to the out of state dealer, or did they take care of everything for you?
No, they did not know about this, but you have to state that it is registered in GA, which will take a couple of weeks. I can't remember if the title number is on the form but I think so. They do submit registration application along with GA sales tax.
2011 LEAF SLe delivered June 2011
Status: Lost 1st Bar 6-20-13 17,500 mi. Sold 7-19-2014, 28,700 mi - still 1 bar down
2015 SV delievered 7-19-2014
http://www.evclubsouth.org

donm82
Delivery Date: 24 Jul 2011

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:54 am

jimcmorr wrote:Nogajim

I will be interested in hearing details about registration and GA state rebate. Is it a rebate or tax credit?

Here is a link to a pdf from GA that explains the tax credit. There is also a phone number.

http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/apb/levzev_fs.pdf

I'm also interested in hearing how price negotiations go for everyone this week at the various area dealerships. I have an appointment with the sales manager at Gwinnett Place Nissan on Tuesday.

Rktennis
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2011

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:28 am

Maybe there would be strength in numbers? Perhaps we could approach local dealers and make a deal that we'd all order from the same dealership, given the right discount. I would think that being the #1 Leaf local dealership would be worth something to these guys.

Leafboy
Delivery Date: 12 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 5721

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Just joined this forum. I got my notice that I will be able to order my Leaf this coming week. I have chosen Nalley Nissan in Decatur because I have had good service with Nalley for my Jaguar. I had registered for the SL model, but may go for the base one because of the updates. I see no real need for the fast charger in my use of this car. I live in downtown Atlanta and will be using it for local trips and saving the miles/wear on the ICE for road trips.

Lew
Lew George
2011 Leaf SL-e
Cayenne Red
Longest continously owned Leaf in Georgia.
LED Upgrades: Parking lights, tag lights, back-up lights, side lights, interior lights,DRLs,LED Hi-beam.
Additional upgrades: Horn upgrade, pedestrian warning bell.

rslatkin
Delivery Date: 09 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 015112

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:19 pm

I visited Nalley Nissan last week to introduce myself and see if they have chargers installed (they do.) The salesperson was polite but fairly clueless. He offered to order a Leaf for me right then and I had to explain how that wasn't going to work. At least he didn't try to sell me a different Nissan.

nogajim
Delivery Date: 22 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3300

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:07 pm

donm82 wrote:Here is a link to a pdf from GA that explains the tax credit. There is also a phone number.

http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/apb/levzev_fs.pdf

I'm also interested in hearing how price negotiations go for everyone this week at the various area dealerships. I have an appointment with the sales manager at Gwinnett Place Nissan on Tuesday.
I put my application for the credit in the mail today. Thanks for posting the link, Don. I was out of town with bad internet, so I could not find it easily to pass along. I used those instructions to fill out this form:
http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/ap ... ZEVTAX.pdf

Basically, you will need the form above, a bill of sale, and a GA tag receipt to apply. Guess I will be mailing my tax form this year, maybe this time next year they will process the refund!

I was surprised when I checked on the Nissan LEAF my account page that Gwinnett Place is not listed as Leaf certified, nor is Sutherlin at Mall of GA. Nalley is not listed either. I don't know if this is a glitch or the truth, but if you haven't checked the dealer list lately for yours, you might want to double check. I hope that they get their act together soon so that everyone can order and get a decent price.

Good luck!
2011 LEAF SLe delivered June 2011
Status: Lost 1st Bar 6-20-13 17,500 mi. Sold 7-19-2014, 28,700 mi - still 1 bar down
2015 SV delievered 7-19-2014
http://www.evclubsouth.org

amtoro
Delivery Date: 05 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5972

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:52 pm

I have spoken to a few dealerships already and I have not received any interest from Team Nissan in Lithia Springs or from Team nissan Marietta.

However, as my family has purchased a couple Nissan from Scott Evans in Carrollton (770)832 8289, I went to talk to them and they were not only very polite and enthusiastic (they asked me questions about it, we shared knowledge and I gave them the URL to this forum so they can participate), they promised me a very good deal on the LEAF; they even have planned a massive introduction of the car at the University of West Georgia driving the car into both, the football field and the basketball court (being zero emissions, it is the only car that can enter the arena).

The only problem, their certification is not quite complete, therefore they do not appear on the list of dealerships in the dashboard. I talked to Nissan and them about it and they will work it out, hopefully, in a way that I can place the order over the phone with Nissan instead of online.

I will post updates :)
---
2012 Nissan LEAF SL - Brilliant Silver
Delivery: Dec-5/11
Mods: Horn, XPEL paint protection film, AEGIS window film and VSP-off switch

cracovian

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:55 am

I just sent my request for quote to Town Center Nissan. They came back with my MSRP which was $37,685. I wonder if there's anyone who can do better - We should at least be able to get $1K under.
2012 LEAF SL - 72K miles (7 bars)
Reserved: 04/20/2010, Delivered: 11/11/11

10.80 kW AC solar array: LG and SunEdison panels on Enphase

Rktennis

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:56 am

Does anyone want to take the initiative to approach the dealers and promise them our orders for $1k off MSRP? I tried with Regal Nissan in Roswell, but no budging off the MSRP there. I'm waiting for a deal to RAQ. I'm in as long as it's within 50 miles of Alpharetta.

Rktennis

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 pm

OK, so here's what I learned (not sure if it is correct or not, but it sounds legitimate). Nissan is only allowing local dealers 5 Leafs per month, so I can understand that the dealers want to make as much as they can off each of those 5 (and I'm sure they can). I guess the only chance for less than MSRP is to wait until the demand dies down and they can't sell their monthly Leaf allowance. Good luck to all.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”