cracovian

Re: Anyone in Georgia?

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:37 am

I have the modified EVSE that I've used a couple of times with the dryer outlet but 120V is perfectly fine at 1.5K miles/month (that's "only" 50 miles a day) for us with a bit of supplementing as needed.

Check out my comments below the article - these people down here just don't understand...
2012 LEAF SL - 72K miles (7 bars)
Reserved: 04/20/2010, Delivered: 11/11/11

10.80 kW AC solar array: LG and SunEdison panels on Enphase

cracovian

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 am

28 Walgreens locations have chargers now! How cool is that? Not the most ideal places but it surely beats none and it should introduce the "me too!" factor :)

nogajim
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 22 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3300

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 pm

cracovian wrote:28 Walgreens locations have chargers now! How cool is that? Not the most ideal places but it surely beats none and it should introduce the "me too!" factor :)
I stopped in again at the nearest one and thanked the manager. I also found the semacharge.com website that has the most current map of all the Walgreens sites (and an iphone app). We spotted another on Sunday that just showed on the map, but is not listed as available yet.

I am surprised nothing seems to be showing up in Athens yet. If I could charge there for more than an hour I could go full speed down 316. The Nissan dealer is nice, but it is not near anything but a Waffle House.
2011 LEAF SLe delivered June 2011
Status: Lost 1st Bar 6-20-13 17,500 mi. Sold 7-19-2014, 28,700 mi - still 1 bar down
2015 SV delievered 7-19-2014
http://www.evclubsouth.org

cracovian

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:57 pm

nogajim wrote:
cracovian wrote:28 Walgreens locations have chargers now! How cool is that? Not the most ideal places but it surely beats none and it should introduce the "me too!" factor :)
I stopped in again at the nearest one and thanked the manager. I also found the semacharge.com website that has the most current map of all the Walgreens sites (and an iphone app). We spotted another on Sunday that just showed on the map, but is not listed as available yet.

I am surprised nothing seems to be showing up in Athens yet. If I could charge there for more than an hour I could go full speed down 316. The Nissan dealer is nice, but it is not near anything but a Waffle House.

You are correct - I'm pulling this data off the SemaConnect app though most of them appear in PlugShare now too. I know the stations are free for now but I've requested their card (requiring the initial $20 deposit) as the sign of appreciation to what they're doing. Hopefully, the rates will be reasonable once they decide to switch the meter on.

widgetboy

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:31 am

Does Walgreens require you to stay with the vehicle while it's charging? Is a purchase required?
Can I park it and come back in a couple hours?

This week I had to drive beyond my range and hoped to park and charge at a Nissan dealer while I was at an appointment. They told me I had to stay with the vehicle due to "insurance purposes". Boo!

Fortunately, there was a 120v wall outlet convenient in 2 other places I went and didn't have any issues.
Reserved: 8/25/2011 Last delivery estimate: 12/19/2011 Actual Drive Away: 12/16/2011
VIN: 16328 Color: Glacier Pearl EVSE: EVSE L2 Upgrade. evseupgrade.com

cracovian

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Total BS with that "staying with the vehicle..." So you can't even go into the lobby? If so, how many feet from the vehicle can you step away before their insurance goes after them :) And if you run out of charge and have it towed to the dealership for the charge, do you have to stay there too, overnight for example? What a bunch of morons...

Walgreens doesn't require you to do anything. Heck, as it stands now, people can block these charging stations if they want to and nothing will ever happen to them like the nasty Chrysler van that prevented me from charging at Whole Foods today. Sadly, my favorite Walgreens doesn't have one and probably won't get it.

I saw some reviews on PlugShare (especially in CA) where there are quite a few "resident" vehicles taking up the same space all the time. I'm sure this will become an issue on top of all the inconiderate retards ICEing our stations all over the place.

toasty

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:30 am

nogajim wrote:
cracovian wrote:28 Walgreens locations have chargers now! How cool is that?
I am surprised nothing seems to be showing up in Athens yet. .

There is a charger at the nissan dealer,and the chevy dealer (on service bay doors) in athens.

toasty

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:33 am

nogajim wrote:
amtoro wrote:
cracovian wrote:The AFV plate is required for single person riding in the HOV lane. If you have a LEAF without one, you'll get a ticket. I decided not to get the special license plate since it was extra and we don't commute that much and alone. I didn't know about the tolls; that sounds really cool.
I thought they had removed the carpooling exemption altogether when they converted the HOV to Toll Road. Initially they had said that it was going to be OK for cars with 3 (no longer just 2) occupants to travel on them without a pass, but then they backed-out and the signs disappeared; only "Peach Pass" signs were there the last time I drove in that direction.
You have to have a Peach Pass to drive in the HOT lane on I-85 north of the perimeter. If you have 3 or more occupants, you are exempt from tolls, but you still need the Pass. You can change the status of your pass between toll and exempt by calling or using their website or phone app. With an AFV plate on your Leaf, you can register your Pass as always exempt. But you have to have the pass regardless of your status.
yes correct, you must get a peachpass, but right now the pass is still FREE, you can order one from the website. or by calling the 1800 number from the website.

yes you can drive the lane for FREE, both HOV and hotlanes
but the ga400 toll lane is not free. (and jackal island,the other ga peachpass/cruse card toll road)

amtoro
Delivery Date: 05 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5972

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:03 pm

So, to summarize:

The LEAF can travel the HOT with 3 or more occupants as long as you have a PeachPass (like any other car)
If traveling with less than 3 persons in the car, both, a PeachPass and a AFV license plate are required.

Is that correct?
---
2012 Nissan LEAF SL - Brilliant Silver
Delivery: Dec-5/11
Mods: Horn, XPEL paint protection film, AEGIS window film and VSP-off switch

toasty

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:36 pm

1.The LEAF can travel the HOT with 3 or more occupants as long as you have a PeachPass (like any other car)
2.If traveling with less than 3 persons in the car, both, a PeachPass and a AFV license plate are required. (pass set on toll-free mode)
or
3.If traveling with less than 3 persons in the car, both, a PeachPass and you pay the toll. :)

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”