Waiting in PA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms

Hi everybody. I'm brand new here and unlike most of you I have no idea when I will ever have an opportunity to throw money at Nissan to purchase a leaf. But I appreciate this forum and I am fortunate to have your experiences to draw from.
Thanks
John

I am also waiting in N.C. I however have done all that has been asked by the Nissan web site. I have had my home evaluation and have placed my order. I have chosen a 2012 Cayenne red with floor mats, mud flaps and tailgate protector. I chose the more expensive model for it's upgrades. I have been notified to expect delivery some time in December. I have also made the choice to lease the vehicle instead of purchasing it. This is a new technology and there is a lot of room for improvement with mileage per charge. I would hate to own the car only to find that in 2 or 3 years I couldn't sell it due to a car getting better mileage. I also fear the battery life. I have read that life expectancy of the batteries is hard to determine. I live in the south eastern most part of the state known as Calabash and having a car like this would suit this area very well. I have two other vehicles I intend on keeping for now, a 2005 Thunderbird and 2006 Trailblazer. This new vehicle will be a test for me as well as Nissan. Hope all goes as planned!
Walter.......... :D

I'm waiting in South Carolina, I ordered only a week ago, but it seems like a year. This forum really helps the time pass, I feel like I'll be very educated by the time me leaf falls. I just wish they would at least tell me what month I can expect it, whether it will be in December or January, since I have a car I need to sell before it arrives. Oh well, what can you do.

Minnesota here and the home assessment schedule link on the dashboard isn't even available. Everyone originally heard late in 2011? That's creeping up pretty quickly.

Might as well hope for the Smyrna (where I lived as a kid) TN built models start rolling off.

jms said:
Hi everybody. I'm brand new here and unlike most of you I have no idea when I will ever have an opportunity to throw money at Nissan to purchase a leaf. But I appreciate this forum and I am fortunate to have your experiences to draw from.
Thanks
John
I made my $99 reservation over a year ago and I'm still waiting in Philadelphia. Pennsylania is "Tier 4" or "Wave 4" of the roll-out or whatever Nissan is calling it now. They are saying we'll be able to order "before the end of the year" which probably means delivery in April or early May. They'll re-open reservations in Pennsylvania before the end of the year, and unlike my 1+ year wait, you'll probably be able to go from reservation to order in a day or less. However, we'll both be waiting until spring for delivery.

Back