cracovian
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 am
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: Those Three blue LEDs on the dashboard ...

Thu May 31, 2012 12:50 pm

It would be great if you could send messages using Morse code on the LEDs. SOS and stuff, like when you're taken hostage and have access to carwings and the iPhone.
2012 LEAF SL - 72K miles (7 bars)
Reserved: 04/20/2010, Delivered: 11/11/11

10.80 kW AC solar array: LG and SunEdison panels on Enphase

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Those Three blue LEDs on the dashboard ...

Thu May 31, 2012 5:43 pm

cracovian wrote:It would be great if you could send messages using Morse code on the LEDs. SOS and stuff, like when you're taken hostage and have access to carwings and the iPhone.

And that would be perfect for North America since you could transmit in 3 languages simultaneously (English, Spanish and French) !
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

craig34220
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:24 am
Delivery Date: 20 Jul 2018

Re: Those Three blue LEDs on the dashboard ...

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Hello, another newbie here
What does it mean when: (from the driver's seat)
#1 flashing
#2 solid
#3 off

cwerdna
Posts: 11171
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Those Three blue LEDs on the dashboard ...

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:02 am

craig34220 wrote:Hello, another newbie here
What does it mean when: (from the driver's seat)
#1 flashing
#2 solid
#3 off
Please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwFfI0kU9C4 (it's unchanged from '14 to '15).

Please also see pages CH-28 to CH-31 in your '14 Leaf manual. You can d/l a PDF from https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/na ... nualsGuide.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

orsonwellz
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:27 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Sep 2020

Re: Those Three blue LEDs on the dashboard ...

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Many thanks to Nubu for the very clear explanation of the three lights. As it happens, being a new Leaf owner (an underused 2013), I didn't know what the heck was happening when on two or three occasions I happened to be in the vicinity of the car and the third light suddenly came on for no apparent reason. The manual was of no help to me for that particular event (it's not listed in the chart, is it?).

But now I know. Nothing to worry about; just one battery helping out another.

Thanks again, Nubu.

cwerdna
Posts: 11171
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Those Three blue LEDs on the dashboard ...

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:15 pm

orsonwellz wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 pm
Many thanks to Nubu for the very clear explanation of the three lights. As it happens, being a new Leaf owner (an underused 2013), I didn't know what the heck was happening when on two or three occasions I happened to be in the vicinity of the car and the third light suddenly came on for no apparent reason. The manual was of no help to me for that particular event (it's not listed in the chart, is it?).
It's in the manual. See page CH-35 of https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/te ... manual.pdf.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 15517
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Those Three blue LEDs on the dashboard ...

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Owners' manuals have gotten out of hand. I try to download the PDF of one before picking up a new car, but the Leaf manual is so damned long - especially if you make the mistake of trying to read the infotainment and child safety device sections as well in one go...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”