May jobs numbers are unprecedented

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oilpan4

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/economy/unemployment-rate-us-explained/index.html

"May was the best month for job growth since 1939".

So it looks like crashing the economy isn't going to work. Pretty sad when you can't even get that right.

Just think of all that job creation when it's time to clean up cities and rebuild the burned businesses, thousands of new cop cars will have to be bought, bring a large chunk of manufacturing back home from china.

What's unprecedented in the US is laying off huge numbers of people in nonseasonal jobs, for a few months. This kind of rapid reemployment is to be expected. What remains to be seen is how much of the workforce laid off gets rehired quickly, to their old jobs or to comparable new jobs.

The job losses from the last couple of months were not from any weakness in the US economy
--- it was roaring along at an unprecedented rate.

It came from a forced shutdown caused by wildly inaccurate information on the Chinese Virus
from the so called “Health Experts” like the Scarf Queen and Doc “Fuci”.

The US economy will recover very quickly as soon as the Blue State Governors quit strangulating it.
The Stock Market has already made an amazing comeback.

leaf16 said:
It came from a forced shutdown caused by wildly inaccurate information on the Chinese Virus
from the so called “Health Experts” like the Scarf Queen and Doc “Fuci”.

The US economy will recover very quickly as soon as the Blue State Governors quit strangulating it.
The Stock Market has already made an amazing comeback.

Your barber or some random person on Facebook knows better than the doctors do, eh? Amusing. Even Trump had to drop that kind of gross stupidity.

The Trumpvirus which Trump once claimed was a hoax has killed over 100,000 Americans. Most American deaths are due to Trump's mismanagement, so we should name the virus after him. Or we could all use the correct name, covid19.

The virus might just make an amazing comeback as well. Probably not in Washington State, as we largely know better. Probably not in NYC, as they learned. The hard way, but that's better than not learning. Texas? Alabama? Florida?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

For an example of how to do respond to the virus right, see New Zealand, British Columbia, Hawaii, South Korea, Germany, ...

For bad examples, see Iran, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, Pakistan, Donald Trump, ...

Trump has failed as a leader. Never takes responsibility for anything.

https://youtu.be/ZnBRu0ANDIc

If public health gets ahead of the virus with testing, contact tracing and quarantine of likely infected people, then the economy wouldn't need to be shutdown. Or for that matter, if people would wear face masks most of the time. Failing a proper response, the USA had to shutdown, or face hospitals overflowing and people dying in the hospital parking lot... Like Wuhan briefly did.

As always we are putting way too much faith on initial reports. These numbers WILL be adjusted and not in a good way.

FYI; I know someone laid off (actually terminated since the business went under), filed for unemployment, and started another job all without receiving a single dime of unemployment and no, her time at home was not short.

So she is considered to be a non statistic. Eventually the powers that be will get around to processing her claim and correcting her status.

I don't subscribe to the peculiar notion that the current state of the economy (good or bad) is attributable to the current President (of either party). People act as if there is some magic lever on the side of the Resolute Desk.
2014-mini-cooper-has-driving-modes-for-the-first-time-71367-7.jpg

We can argue whether individual positions are good or bad, just or unjust -- keeping in mind it is Congress that ultimately must accept or reject them. And once that decision is made it's largely like steering a battleship. It is where it is because of decisions made a long way back. And not just by the President, Congress, Federal Reserve, Corporations, but every individual person. Now multiply those by every nation on Earth and it puts the role of POTUS in perspective.

downeykp said:
So how is the "Make America Great Again" working out for you?

Actually very well --- the MAGA part has been done --- now we need to "Keep America Great".

I am fortunate to live in a Red State --- South Dakota, that has a governor Kristi Noem that trusted her people and businesses to act in a responsible way without imposing a state lockdown.
This has resulted in a lower death rate than most states with mandatory lockdowns.

SD has had about 64 total deaths (7 per 100,000) quite a few from elderly patients at nursing homes / long term care facilities that were shut down from visitors, even family members.

Also, had some deaths at hog, cattle and poultry processing plants that would have been declared as essential and in operation even with a lockdown. I think even in the Blue states these operations were kept open so their subjects could keep eating.

With the Auto plants back in operation --- looking forward to the arrival of my Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition this Fall.

Error?? :cool: :) :D :lol: Yeah...ok, honest mistake, right?

Want a slam dunk straight forward piece of advice from a Conservative Republican no less (only proves its the man, not the party that matters)

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/06/05/general-john-allen-trump-ac360-vpx.cnn?fbclid=IwAR18NUoMN46ReKKBlbcbkf5Re2mkERKrIh8WzTX253y8d-0gujAHJ_JgxWE

leaf16 said:
downeykp said:
So how is the "Make America Great Again" working out for you?

Actually very well --- the MAGA part has been done --- now we need to "Keep America Great".

I am fortunate to live in a Red State --- South Dakota, that has a governor Kristi Noem that trusted her people and businesses to act in a responsible way without imposing a state lockdown.
This has resulted in a lower death rate than most states with mandatory lockdowns.

SD has had about 64 total deaths (7 per 100,000) quite a few from elderly patients at nursing homes / long term care facilities that were shut down from visitors, even family members.

Also, had some deaths at hog, cattle and poultry processing plants that would have been declared as essential and in operation even with a lockdown. I think even in the Blue states these operations were kept open so their subjects could keep eating.

With the Auto plants back in operation --- looking forward to the arrival of my Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition this Fall.

Oh sure things are perfect here in jolly old America. Everyone has been joined in a common cause. There is no pandemic. No racial unrest. We are loved by every country in the world.
And they say we have TDS.

[/quote]
Oh sure things are perfect here in jolly old America. Everyone has been joined in a common cause. There is no pandemic. No racial unrest. We are loved by every country in the world.
And they say we have TDS.
[/quote]

Do a little research on who is running these states with the problems.
Are you aware the last Republican Mayor to run Minneapolis was in 1961 --- that is 59 Years ago, pretty hard to blame him for this police brutality?

I noticed in your signature you have 39 solar panels for 10.3kw’s. I would guess that should have a pretty fast payback with the cost of electricity in HI.

I have 55 (300 watt) panels in 5 strings of 11 each for 16.5kw’s in a grid tie system. Most of the year it easily handles charging the Leaf, hot water, AC and the pool heat pump/water pump. But I do envy your location in Jan – Mar when at times I will have 2 feet of snow covering them --- no output then.

Back