Oilpan4
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: GCR: Report: California will need massive grid upgrades for 2035 electric-car push

Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 pm

WetEV wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:41 pm
Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:04 pm
Obama and algore both bought multi million dollar beach front mansions so they must not be that worried about sea level rise and more powerful hurricanes.
When you don't have a reply, attack someone.

Keep your eye on the PIG.
Was I supposed to attack hurricanes or rising sea levels?
Hurricanes are so dumb they blow down and flood the people who preform obligatory virtue signal for climate change 7 times a day, just the same as they do everyone else.

But it does make you wonder why the people who seemed so worried about sea level rise live on the beach...
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Re: GCR: Report: California will need massive grid upgrades for 2035 electric-car push

Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:08 pm
The largest expansion of coal fired power plants came under Clinton in the 1990s because "coal was the safe alternative to nuclear".
Yes, and people used to think Lead was safe. We learn and adapt, or we die. I'm sure we are yet to learn many other things that we currently do are stupid. Hopefully we learn before its too late.

I'm starting on a DIY project this weekend to add a second solar system to my house, My city approved my permit and I have all the materials. I had an old 3.15 kW system and am adding another 6 kW.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

Oilpan4

Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:56 pm

I got 10kw.
Might add a few more east facing.
If you look at the numbers of people killed by power generation hydroelectric and coal appears to be the most dangerous by far.
Nuclear the safest.
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:12 pm

danrjones wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:25 am
...Personally I think one of the biggest mistakes democrats have made the last two decades is focusing only on global warming, when almost every product that produces CO2 also produces irritants and toxins that the average american could understand better. ...
What they understand even better is prosperity but the Dems imho drop the ball by not laying out the case that the push to renewable energy is an absolute necessity for maintaining prosperity long-term. Finding new ways to extract more difficult fossil-fuels buys some time (at the expense of a healthy environment), but if we don't USE that time to prepare for a sustainable future, it's just an illusory sugar-high. We need both energy AND a viable planet to live on. We need to push for it not just because "it's nice and green", but because our prosperity and our childrens' prosperity depend on it.

Maybe it just boils down to one's "concern horizon". Just being concerned with what happens locally before you die brings different conclusions than being concerned about the rest of the world or the next few generations. In my view, the GOP has gone from being the party of "personal responsibility" to the party of "Me Me ME", as best illustrated by their standard-bearer.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Oilpan4

Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm

I agree. I think they should have gone after stuff that everyone agrees hands down is pollution.

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:27 pm

Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 pm
But it does make you wonder why the people who seemed so worried about sea level rise live on the beach...
Oh?
Suppose you have a house at 3 meters above highest high tide. You don't own it, you lease it. The ocean owns it. How long do you have?

Best case? Worst case?

A 99 year lease isn't much different from ownership. 30 years only a little different. Get the best opinion you can, and price the offer on that basis.

Keep your eye on the PIG.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”