Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Re: GCR: Report: California will need massive grid upgrades for 2035 electric-car push

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:40 pm

The whole country needs massive grid updates. Equipment is outdated and we need the ability to transport renewable energy across long distances to balance supply, demand and storage.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/gadfly/c ... power-grid
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Oilpan4
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: GCR: Report: California will need massive grid upgrades for 2035 electric-car push

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:35 pm

The only upgrade we need is to put solat panels on people's homes . Literally 0 transmission losses, eliminating most if not all the transmission upgrades.
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

Oilpan4

Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:45 pm

"Climate change" blamed for rolling blackouts.
https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/en ... 612003002/

Lol seems like this is only ever a problem in California as if they are the only state that gets climate change.
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Oilpan4 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:45 pm
"Climate change" blamed for rolling blackouts.
https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/en ... 612003002/

Lol seems like this is only ever a problem in California as if they are the only state that gets climate change.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realest ... r-BB19YjAQ
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

Oilpan4

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:30 pm

People who live on the coastline are asking for it. What I don't get is how hurricanes hitting the coast is news.
I used to live less than 300 yards from the Atlantic Ocean. I moved.

WetEV

Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:01 am

Oilpan4 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:30 pm
People who live on the coastline are asking for it. What I don't get is how hurricanes hitting the coast is news.
I used to live less than 300 yards from the Atlantic Ocean. I moved.
Hurricanes are getting more powerful. And the ocean level is rising.

Did you miss that point? The ocean level is rising.

Watch out for the PIG.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:25 am

Being somewhat center -ish in politics, my take on this is that the Left tends to blame too many things on climate change, and the right refuses to blame anything or even admit that its well established science.

One of the past seasons of Cosmos had Neil lay it out quite well. To me it is much like those who refuse to believe the Earth is older than half a million years (or whatever biblical number they have come up with)

Personally I think one of the biggest mistakes democrats have made the last two decades is focusing only on global warming, when almost every product that produces CO2 also produces irritants and toxins that the average american could understand better. There is a cornucopia of evil chemicals that come out of tail pipes and coal fired plants.

In regards to CA fires, climate change is probably making it worse, but one of the biggest problems is the spread of the urban interface into our forests, and especially the fact we put out every fire for the last century. We created fuel load nightmares. Putting out fires was a HUGE mistake. And now we are going to pay for it. In regards to power outages, I understood it was in large part preventative so that during high winds SCE and PG&E didn't create more fires. And those are private companies, right? So much for deregulation.

Just my 2 cents.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

Oilpan4

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:04 pm

Obama and algore both bought multi million dollar beach front mansions so they must not be that worried about sea level rise and more powerful hurricanes.

Oilpan4

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:08 pm

danrjones wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:25 am
Being somewhat center -ish in politics, my take on this is that the Left tends to blame too many things on climate change, and the right refuses to blame anything or even admit that its well established science.

One of the past seasons of Cosmos had Neil lay it out quite well. To me it is much like those who refuse to believe the Earth is older than half a million years (or whatever biblical number they have come up with)

Personally I think one of the biggest mistakes democrats have made the last two decades is focusing only on global warming, when almost every product that produces CO2 also produces irritants and toxins that the average american could understand better. There is a cornucopia of evil chemicals that come out of tail pipes and coal fired plants.

In regards to CA fires, climate change is probably making it worse, but one of the biggest problems is the spread of the urban interface into our forests, and especially the fact we put out every fire for the last century. We created fuel load nightmares. Putting out fires was a HUGE mistake. And now we are going to pay for it. In regards to power outages, I understood it was in large part preventative so that during high winds SCE and PG&E didn't create more fires. And those are private companies, right? So much for deregulation.

Just my 2 cents.
I'll drink to that. My wife like to watch the home renovation shows and all too often the homes in California have woods and brush right up to the back door or side of the house.
The largest expansion of coal fired power plants came under Clinton in the 1990s because "coal was the safe alternative to nuclear".

WetEV

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Oilpan4 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:04 pm
Obama and algore both bought multi million dollar beach front mansions so they must not be that worried about sea level rise and more powerful hurricanes.
When you don't have a reply, attack someone.

Keep your eye on the PIG.
WetEV
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”