Pricing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prius

"...will start filtering into select markets in the U.S., Europe and Japan next year and will go global in 2012 at a price just 1% to 2% higher than similar-size vehicles, the carmaker said. Industry estimates range from $25,000 to $33,000 for the car"

And of course, the ever-heated debate: "The Leaf Battery....will be leased separately at a rate that Ghosn said would be less than the cost of gasoline."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-nissan-leaf14-2009nov14,0,6555931.story

With all my passion for the Leaf and my money ready to pay for this beauty in cash, I will refuse to buy it if the batteries go on lease, even if it's cheaper than gasoline...
Leasing the batteries will simply be just another way to keep the monopoly and control over drivers while milking their money indefinitely. Then i will stick with my old pajero io and continue to hypermile it just as i did so far (18km per 1Liter of gasoline in city under strict hypermiling driving techniques).

Tokyotony,

I think a lot of people told them that. Looks like they are not pursuing that anymore (yay).

I wouldn't buy the car and lease the batteries. Silly idea.

The 'leased battery' option went away months ago - at least Feb 10th - and I think that's a good thing.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/nissan-leaf-pricing-clarified-somewhat/
"Nissan today announced a timeline for the rollout of its Leaf electric car, but, perhaps more important, the company confirmed that the car and battery pack will be purchased or leased—just like a normal car—as a single unit. Previously, speculation about how the company might meet its aggressive pricing goals—“a well-equipped C-segment vehicle,” in their words, probably about $25,000—suggested the battery would be leased separately from the car. We now know that will not be the case."

Back