CAN-bus on Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a common form of communication so highly likely. Perhaps a magic bus instead.

You better believe it! All vehicles starting in 2008 are required to have OBD ISO 15765-4, which includes CAN bus support.

I plan on picking up the AutoEnginuity OBD2 Scan Tool with the Nissan Enhanced Interface. This should scan all the CAN bus codes, though it might take a couple of software updates before we have full descriptions of each sensor. Woot, woot!

It is illegal in most states, but some states let you smoke it if you have a prescription. But I think people actually smoke the buds instead of the leaves :lol: :lol: :lol:

DarkStar said:
You better believe it! All vehicles starting in 2008 are required to have OBD ISO 15765-4, which includes CAN bus support.

I plan on picking up the AutoEnginuity OBD2 Scan Tool with the Nissan Enhanced Interface. This should scan all the CAN bus codes, though it might take a couple of software updates before we have full descriptions of each sensor. Woot, woot!

I have a ScanGauge II which sounds similar, but the LEAF is an EV and it has no setting for EVs. It works great on my cng Honda.

LEAFfan said:
DarkStar said:

I have a ScanGauge II which sounds similar, but the LEAF is an EV and it has no setting for EVs. It works great on my cng Honda.
From what I currently understand (but I'm still verifying) is that with AutoEnginuity I will be able to pull all the raw sensor data and build my own sensor displays. They have pre-built ones, but apparently everything can be customized. The regular package includes the ability to pull the standard OBD info, but the Nissan Enhanced Interface adds the CAN-bus abilities.

This should be my first LEAF hack: http://hackaday.com/2010/04/23/driving-the-car-without-going-anywhere/. Playing my Xbox 360 will never be the same again!

And then the second: http://www.autosec.org/pubs/cars-oakland2010.pdf. :D

Arduino CAN interface board with data logging, GPS input, and LCD display support.

http://www.skpang.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=706

Considering that the GM and Ford legacy EVs from the 1990s had OBD2 interfaces that allow full access to vehicle, EV drive system, charging system, and pack/BMS system, I expect the Leaf to be an evolutionary step forward. We should be able to easily get any info we want from the systems.

There are also wireless solutions in place for the Ford Ranger that allows the truck to connect with 802.11 networks for access to vehicle data.

Good Toys all around! :cool:

LEAFfan said:
DarkStar said:

I have ODBII from Ross Tech which I use on my 100% EV VW Golf, and it has units for Batterymanager, Inverter and Charger.

And the car is from 1995.

I hope this will be accessible. :)

Has anyone got AutoEnginuity OBD2 Scan Tool with the Nissan Enhanced Interface to work on a Nissan Leaf yet and/or a Scangauge II ?do you know if AutoEnginuity is work get it to work a Leaf ??
Does know the programming codes to program the Xgauge function of the Scangauge II I have Scangauge II Like use on a leaf ..

ken

The SGII is connected to the CAR-CAN bus (I think), not the EV-Bus, which is on other pins.

As far as we know, there are no Xguage-type "commands" (Send a Request and listen for a Reply) for the LEAF.

If one could send nothing, but just listen for a "Reply", then we might be able to display ... something.

I believe the ScanGauge folks are working on a SG-like device for the LEAF.

Back