highcountryrider
Delivery Date: 30 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 7355

Re: Power Brakes

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:36 pm

I haven't noticed the grabby/numb thing yet. I can feel the transition from regen
to hydraulic, but it's smooth enough for me and not a bother. I do approach stops
gradually, though, and that might make a difference.

I did notice something a day or two ago. I was approaching a stale green light that
turned yellow shortly before I got to the stop line. I judged it safe to nail the brakes
and glanced over at the motor power gauge expecting to see massive regen. I saw
almost nothing. Apparently the hydraulics took over in that hard-stop situation.
There was nothing odd about restarting after, but I don't think I did any creeping.

Looking at the Service Manual, bleeding the LEAF is routine, there is nothing extra to
do for the ABS in the LEAF.
2011 Nissan LEAF™ SV trim, blue ocean, no options, accessories:
floor and cargo mats, cargo net.
Ordered on: 05/16/2011
Delivered Sept 3, 2011.
AV Dock installed.

TomT
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000360

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 pm

With ABS, it is best to use a power bleeder to insure that all the fluid in the ABS system is exchanged. This is pretty much standard procedure these days for a brake fluid change.
highcountryrider wrote:Looking at the Service Manual, bleeding the LEAF is routine, there is nothing extra to
do for the ABS in the LEAF.
Leaf SL 2011 to 2016, Volt Premier 2016 to 2019, and now:
2019 Model 3; LR, RWD, FSD, 19" Sport Wheels, silver/black; built 3/17/19, delivered 3/29/19.

TEG

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:36 pm

highcountryrider wrote: I did notice something a day or two ago. I was approaching a stale green light that
turned yellow shortly before I got to the stop line. I judged it safe to nail the brakes
and glanced over at the motor power gauge expecting to see massive regen. I saw
almost nothing. Apparently the hydraulics took over in that hard-stop situation.
There was nothing odd about restarting after, but I don't think I did any creeping.
Just watch the regen gauge as you slow brake towards any stop.
It seems to cut out as you get down to very slow speeds.
There must be a reason they want to switch you over to friction brakes just before you stop.

Return to “Engineering”