Lothsahn
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2018
Leaf Number: 007797

Re: A peek at the Leaf's Charger

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 pm

RkEvHopeful wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:47 pm
Ingineer wrote:We are looking at offering the 6.7kW upgrade as a kit. Installation is simple, and anyone competent with mechanical assembly can install it with a few hand tools in under an hour. It does not require running wires in difficult places, everything is right there under the hood, nothing under the car or in the back.
My mission is to support Electric Mobility any way I can. I'll keep doing so as long as I'm able, and as time permits I'll keep on developing new things for our cars.

-Phil
Bumping an old thread. Did you release your plans for the 6.7kW upgrade kit to open source after you sold your Leaf?

I would like to develop an open source under-hood replacement for the 2011 Leaf onboard charger using your 6.7kW kit plans as a starting point. The goal being to avoid a Nissan visit when the 3.3kW charger dies, again.

Thanks,
Rex
If your charger keeps dying, check your EVSE. Certain EVSE's can fry the charger in early Leafs due to overcurrent from the precharge resistors, or something like that. Basically, it shouldn't be an issue, but a bug in the car allows it. The firmware on some EVSE's was upgraded to resolve the issue.
2011 Silver SV, purchased 2018, lives in Missouri (previously in CA)
LeafSpy Pro + BAFX Products OBDII dongle
Battery swap 2019/04/24 (87% SOH, 12 bar)

Return to “Engineering”