Extra Load on battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerpedro

Hi there, I would like to connect an extra load to the battery that will be draining current while driving and also while standing and locked car. How can i activate the rely while standing and do you know if the BMS will raise an error if SOC is changing without usage of the drivetrain? Is there any other problem that i have to be aware of?
Many thanks

When the car is off and not being charged. the main traction battery has 0v on the output leads, this is an active safety mechanism built into the battery system.

Powerpedro said:
Hi there, I would like to connect an extra load to the battery that will be draining current while driving and also while standing and locked car. How can i activate the rely while standing and do you know if the BMS will raise an error if SOC is changing without usage of the drivetrain? Is there any other problem that i have to be aware of?
Many thanks

Which battery? How much load? How long?

The traction battery is disconnected unless the car is charging or in ready mode. You can lock the car in ready mode.

Powerpedro said:
Many thanks

What load? Simply leave the car on. I would make sure you lock the doors though. And no I don't recommend whatever it is you are thinking you can do.

Back