Battery sub Bars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vin944

I noticed today that the outside little battery bars (ones that always stay lit) that one doesn't seem to have the same vertical height as the rest. In the picture it is the one closest to the RED bars. Any ideas on this? Thanks.
P1020121.JPG

Other than the gap between the red and white ticks, which makes that one white tick shorter, they do line up with the bars. I suspect that did that simply as an aesthetic measure to separate the two groups of ticks a little...

vin944 said:
I noticed today that the outside little battery bars (ones that always stay lit) that one doesn't seem to have the same vertical height as the rest. In the picture it is the one closest to the RED bars. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

There is a table in the service manual that shows each of those bars as being 6.25% of the original battery capacity except the first one, which is 15%. The last one turns off at 16.25%, and 15 + (11 * 6.25) + 16.25 = 100.

I guess if they had wanted to be accurate they should have made the first bar 2.4 times as long as the rest, and the 10th one you noticed the same length as the rest. (By the time the battery gets down to providing about a 15 mile range, no one is likely to care about those 2.6 "hidden" bars at the bottom.)

Ray

Back