danrjones
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:10 am

I've also noted that my full regen is kicking in at lower charge levels, and I've assumed it has to do with temperature. Though I'm hot as hell here for summer, we are chilly during the winter. My average pack temperature for the last few months has been around 48F (based on the sensors)

Having less regen though hasn't really impacted my efficiency that much, and as I do not charge above 80% anyway, its only been slightly limited. I don't have hard data but I think I noticed not getting full REGEN back until I was around 76% SOC.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14492
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:42 am

danrjones wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:10 am
I've also noted that my full regen is kicking in at lower charge levels, and I've assumed it has to do with temperature. Though I'm hot as hell here for summer, we are chilly during the winter. My average pack temperature for the last few months has been around 48F (based on the sensors)

Having less regen though hasn't really impacted my efficiency that much, and as I do not charge above 80% anyway, its only been slightly limited. I don't have hard data but I think I noticed not getting full REGEN back until I was around 76% SOC.
Yep, my battery temps are in the same range. I am rarely as high as 80% though so haven't seen any regen changes but still at 97% SOH so probably a bit too early to see anything anyway. On my 2018, it was pretty much the same, I did charge to a higher SOC generally but only because of the battery pack.

Right now I do the 30 min free DC most of the time usually starting charge at 20-30% SOC so I end no higher than 60-65% more or less. Did the same with 40 although starting at lower SOC was more common and would end up at 70-80% SOC.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 3500.3 mi, 96.95% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

danrjones
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:08 pm

Specific to the 2018 40 kWh what is the max regen?

There has been several topics and I swear both here and on YouTube videos I have seen folks say that by engaging both ECO and EPedal you can get more or even double your max regen. But I have looked at my screen and even in those modes the max appears to by -30 Kw in blue, which is the same max amount I get through careful application of the brake pedal in normal driving mode. I don't want to start a whole new thread so I'm curious if it changed for different battery sizes or model year?
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 14071
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:14 pm

I wouldn't treat the car's energy use display as an infallible source. It appears that many of the aspects of it are just programmed changes in response to button pushes, not actual measurements of power.Note that if you first engage Heat, and then A/C as well, the displayed energy usage doesn't change. It does seem as if the deceleration rate increases when both B and ePedal are engaged...







typo corrected
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

danrjones
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:16 pm

I'll try it with leafspy

Thnx
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14492
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 pm

danrjones wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:08 pm
Specific to the 2018 40 kWh what is the max regen?

There has been several topics and I swear both here and on YouTube videos I have seen folks say that by engaging both ECO and EPedal you can get more or even double your max regen. But I have looked at my screen and even in those modes the max appears to by -30 Kw in blue, which is the same max amount I get through careful application of the brake pedal in normal driving mode. I don't want to start a whole new thread so I'm curious if it changed for different battery sizes or model year?
In Eco B; It varies depending on the usual things but no more than 37 KW


E Pedal; 57 KW

FYI; even at speeds as low as 35 mph, E Pedal regen over 50 KW.

E Plus is just about the same.

https://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2018/1 ... -mode.html
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 3500.3 mi, 96.95% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nightleaf
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:08 am
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2018
Location: BC, Canada

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:57 am

Feb readings show another slight loss, but staying above 90.00 is a good thing.. - end of next month will be 2nd year anniversary.

Oct 21, 2019 - Km; 35500 Ahr; 104.06 SOH; 90.61
Nov 15, 2019 - Km; 37018 Ahr; 104.54 SOH; 90.56
Dec 14, 2019 - Km; 38703 Ahr; 105.07 SOH; 91.02
Jan 16, 2020 - Km; 40322 Ahr; 105.03 SOH; 90.98
Feb 13, 2020 - Km; 42114 Ahr; 104.99 SOH; 90.95
2018 Leaf SV - 3/18 build date, 3/30/18 In service date

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 14492
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:23 pm

nightleaf wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:57 am
Feb readings show another slight loss, but staying above 90.00 is a good thing.. - end of next month will be 2nd year anniversary.

Oct 21, 2019 - Km; 35500 Ahr; 104.06 SOH; 90.61
Nov 15, 2019 - Km; 37018 Ahr; 104.54 SOH; 90.56
Dec 14, 2019 - Km; 38703 Ahr; 105.07 SOH; 91.02
Jan 16, 2020 - Km; 40322 Ahr; 105.03 SOH; 90.98
Feb 13, 2020 - Km; 42114 Ahr; 104.99 SOH; 90.95
Nice! Looks like mid March will be the big reading. You are seeing what I saw my last 9 months; nearly no loss with one bump up. .03% a month? It will take you 2½ years to drop below 90% at that rate. :)
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 3500.3 mi, 96.95% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 1314
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm

So,
How do we think that compares in reality to Tesla’s?
2019 SV Plus Silver 6/19 purchase 6,800 M
2013 Leaf SV
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max distance on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max distance on 19 Leaf: 242 Highway 4.5 miles/kWh

coleafrado
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:58 pm
Delivery Date: 17 Dec 2011

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:20 pm

For one thing, these numbers aren't meaningful. A 7.5% cycle count difference over a few months isn't enough to actually see any degradation.

Return to “Batteries & Charging”