Page 27 of 52

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:24 pm
by BradFoxUS
I feel like I'm dragging my face in the sand trying to get mine to fail before Summer ends.

44.01 Ahr
67%SOH
41.99Hx
55,690 Miles
9 Months warranty remaining.

Almost every weekend I do probably 4 or 5 QC sessions each day of Saturday and Sunday. Each day putting me at 10 temp bars and very reduced acceleration until the next morning. Our daily highs have been High 90's to low 100's. Evenings looking to be about 80F. I bought my Leaf second hand from a dealer who had no knowledge of the car. Leaf Spy was extremely handy during the "Sales Dance".

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:05 pm
by vgonzalez
Quick update, my Nissan Leaf finally lost it's 4th capacity bar at 55,800 miles and 2 weeks before the Leaf 5 year birthday, the dealer has opened a warranty claim against Nissan and soon the Leaf will be getting a replacement battery, here are the reading at full charge (4th capacity bar loss) 41.08 AH, 65.86 G% and 182 grids.

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:20 pm
by BradFoxUS
vgonzalez wrote:Quick update, my Nissan Leaf finally lost it's 4th capacity bar at 55,800 miles and 2 weeks before the Leaf 5 year birthday, the dealer has opened a warranty claim against Nissan and soon the Leaf will be getting a replacement battery, here are the reading at full charge (4th capacity bar loss) 41.08 AH, 65.86 G% and 182 grids.
Congrats! That's super exciting. Seeing where people are dropping bars though is making it look like I won't make it in time. I'm hopeful though.

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:54 pm
by vgonzalez
Keep driving the puppy hard, no eco, AC at full, quick charge several times a day then go home and complete the charge to 100% so it can elevate the battery temperature, always park in the sun, in my opinion elevating the battery temperature by doing quick charges one after another is your best bet, but I am not an expert on this electric car, this is what I have been doing.. When I get the replacement battery I need to to the opposite, it is going to be difficult to change my behavior, this Leaf is fast, but I am asking myself who cares let drive this leaf hard and enjoy life (we are only here in this planet for a short period of time)

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:01 pm
by vgonzalez
how many miles does the Leaf have, if you are low on miles then get a part time doing uber or lyft.

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:43 pm
by BradFoxUS
vgonzalez wrote:how many miles does the Leaf have, if you are low on miles then get a part time doing uber or lyft.
I have about 55,900 miles. I am an Uber driver in my Honda, I may be able to switch over pretty easily.

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 am
by keydiver
BradFoxUS wrote:44.01 Ahr
67%SOH
41.99Hx
55,690 Miles
9 Months warranty remaining.
I think you will make it, just keep up your charging regimen. It only took me 4,000 miles to go from 3 bar loss to 4 bar loss.

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:44 am
by Stanton
BradFoxUS wrote: Almost every weekend I do probably 4 or 5 QC sessions each day of Saturday and Sunday. Each day putting me at 10 temp bars and very reduced acceleration until the next morning. Our daily highs have been High 90's to low 100's. Evenings looking to be about 80F. I bought my Leaf second hand from a dealer who had no knowledge of the car. Leaf Spy was extremely handy during the "Sales Dance".
I have no doubt you will make it with summer in full swing. The excessive QC's may actually be delaying the 4th bar drop. Sounds like you're driving it hard enough. Doesn't matter how long it takes to get to 100% charge so long as it bakes in the heat overnight.

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:43 am
by co2112
So I just dropped bar 9. But based on the charts it should have dropped a month or two ago.

2011 LEAF, 10/21/2011 in service date, so 11 weeks left.
35.3K miles
AHr: 46.97
SOC: 47%
Hx: 51.1%
GIDs: 96

I hope to be able to qualify for a new pack as the car is well below the 60k mile limit. I may be moving and my commute is getting much further. I do get to charge at work for free and my slot is mid day so having a full battery for the ride home is crucial for me at this time.

I did want to let you guys know the chat session on the Nissan owners web site provided my in-service date pretty quickly. They confirmed I would still be under warranty and I was able to printout my chat session.

Re: How long 'til 4th bar drops?

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:27 pm
by BradFoxUS
Stanton wrote:
BradFoxUS wrote: Almost every weekend I do probably 4 or 5 QC sessions each day of Saturday and Sunday. Each day putting me at 10 temp bars and very reduced acceleration until the next morning. Our daily highs have been High 90's to low 100's. Evenings looking to be about 80F. I bought my Leaf second hand from a dealer who had no knowledge of the car. Leaf Spy was extremely handy during the "Sales Dance".
I have no doubt you will make it with summer in full swing. The excessive QC's may actually be delaying the 4th bar drop. Sounds like you're driving it hard enough. Doesn't matter how long it takes to get to 100% charge so long as it bakes in the heat overnight.
Thanks, and the pack has not reported a temperature below 102F yet. Seems to be that temp even when it dips down to 78F around 4AM. Right before the temps start to rocket back up to the low 100's.