2011 leaf battery bar

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superk

hi
I have a 2011 leaf that has done 36000 miles and dropped to 10 bars yesterday.
im not sure if that is reasonable and would like to know if it will affect my range?

superk said:
hi
I have a 2011 leaf that has done 36000 miles and dropped to 10 bars yesterday.
im not sure if that is reasonable and would like to know if it will affect my range?

Unfortunately, this is normal for a pre-2013 Leaf, as they were manufactured with poor batteries up until April of 2013. The good news is that you aren't going to see an abrupt range drop: that happens slowly, and a capacity bar fading away doesn't have any direct effect on the car: it's just saying that the capacity has dropped below a certain percentage.

I think the bigger news is that you've only driven 36,000 miles in almost 10 years!
Only dropping 2 bars in that time frame is quite good (where do you live?) and I suspect your typical round-trip is quite short.

hi
it doesn't sound too bad then?
I live in the north of England and use the car almost every day for shopping taking my dogs out etc.
I bought the leaf damaged with 29000 miles on the clock and can say it is a pleasure to drive

I rarely use fast chargers I have got a list of free chargers that are just out of range where I can charge enough to get me home.
I have lost count of the amount people asking me questions about the leaf.i Always tell them how good they are.

Your climate is the number one factor in the relative longevity of your battery. Pre-2013 Leafs in the US tend to lose capacity bars much faster. There is at least one (and likely more) that is down to three capacity bars now.

Back