Remuneration to EV owners for battery degradation in V2X (V2G, V2B, ...) context

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbow

I'd like to learn more about the remuneration to electric car owners as a consequence of battery degradation (due to charging/discharging cycles) in a V2G/V2B (in general, V2X) context.

How is it estimated this economic compense?

Which is the state-of-the-art in compensation models for EV owners?

PS: Scientific articles and academic papers are welcomed.

That's a pretty random question given that no EV maker is marketing vehicles in the US with any V2X capability. MNL is a US-centric forum.

At least in Japan and Europe, it seems like only the Leaf and maybe Outlander PHEV + Prius Prime (JDM version) have people been using them for V2X.

I'm unaware of any sort of compensation scheme. I do know at least of one person in Japan who was using their Leaf for V2H w/likely the unit in https://www.greencarcongress.com/2012/05/leafvsh-20120530.html. He lost enough capacity bars within his capacity warranty to receive a replacement battery.

AFAIK, there are 0 shipping vehicles that have implemented V2X via CCS so that leaves for consumer EVs/PHEVs, CHAdeMO vehicles.

There have been some notations in technical papers about the concept of compensating EV owners for V2G (vehicle batteries could represent "spinning reserve" or offer high-speed response to dampen transients), but no serious discussion about actual values and how to implement or manage the interconnections. As others have already noted, the CHAdeMO connections (at least newer versions) support two-way power flow.

Personally, my local power company would need to offer really high rates for spinning reserve before I would consider it. I don't see that happening because rates for new residential solar installations have been reduced.

Back