2017 Batt Software update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lambtron

When I bought my 2017 sv which had the BMS software update and 12 bars at the time, I noticed leafspy only indicated 24 KWh @ 100% charge. Did the update lower the Max chg the batt could hold? If so, Does this mean that charging to 100% is in reality 80%. Cel v was @ approx. 3.97V.

alozzy said:
None of that makes much sense. Can you post screen shots of Leafspy. Something's not right...

Really??
Let me try this again.
The '17 came with a 30kwh battery.
After software BMS update, Leafspy pro on opening page indicates 24kwh remaining@ 97.7% charge. This is 80% of the original 30kwh capacity. Could this be an intentional product of the update?

Lambtron said:
alozzy said:
None of that makes much sense. Can you post screen shots of Leafspy. Something's not right...

Really??
Let me try this again.
After software BMS update, Leafspy pro on opening page indicates 24kwh remaining@ 97.7% charge. This is 80% of the original 30kwh capacity. Could this be an intentional product of the update?
Only if your 30 kWh battery has (coincidentally) degraded to 24 kWh...which is quite possible after 4 years.
Otherwise, a LeafSpy screen shot would be helpful.

Stanton said:
Lambtron said:
alozzy said:

Really??
Let me try this again.
Only if your 30 kWh battery has (coincidentally) degraded to 24 kWh...which is quite possible after 4 years.
Otherwise, a LeafSpy screen shot would be helpful.
You're probably right Stanton. No screenshot available only my logs from purchase in 8/20 to now so I don't know the original Kwh capacity before the update which was done before purchase. I assume it was about 28 when new. At purchase I had all 12 bars in August (24.3 Kwh indicated on leafspy) and dropped to 11 bars in March so it doesn't look like it was reset. Now at 21 kwh at 97.7 charge. Now that I've confused the hell out of everybody, I'll just assume coincidence and not a grand scheme by Nissan to force 80% battery compliance.

What is puzzling and confusing is the 3.97V at 100% SOC, if that is what you meant in the OP?

nlspace said:
What is puzzling and confusing is the 3.97V at 100% SOC, if that is what you meant in the OP?

That was the maximum cell voltages at full charge as opposed to 4.2v. Delta about 12 mv showing good cells but limited charge placed into the pack.

Back