Any EV charger close to USS Hornet Museum in Alameda?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

Anyone know if there is a charger around the USS Hornet Museum in Alameda?

I'll be coming from San Jose and it is 50 miles away. If I can trickle charge in the museum, I can certainly get to a friend's house in Hayward on the way back home, which is 22 miles away and trickle charge some more to get back home. I really don't want to make the trip from San Jose to Alameda to Hayward without charging in Alameda first, since that is a total of 72 freeway miles. I know I can stop in Hayward(friend's house) on the way to Alameda as well, but would be great to go straight to Alameda. Hope that makes sense.

trentr said:

I'll be coming from San Jose and it is 50 miles away. If I can trickle charge in the museum, I can certainly get to a friend's house in Hayward on the way back home, which is 22 miles away and trickle charge some more to get back home. I really don't want to make the trip from San Jose to Alameda to Hayward without charging in Alameda first, since that is a total of 72 freeway miles. I know I can stop in Hayward(friend's house) on the way to Alameda as well, but would be great to go straight to Alameda. Hope that makes sense.

There's one on Oak Street (closer to downtown Alameda) but nothing near USS Hornet.

There's a bunch of chargers in the OAK airport parking if my memory serves me correctly.

mxp said:
There's one on Oak Street (closer to downtown Alameda) but nothing near USS Hornet.

There's a bunch of chargers in the OAK airport parking if my memory serves me correctly.
These are all part of the ChargePoint network I believe.

I was wondering if anyone has actually charged at the one in Alameda since they supposedly want $5 an hour for L2 charging, ouch!

trentr said:

If the above suggestions don't work out for you, you needent worry about the 72 miles. Just take it easy. You can also get off of 880 at Marina and take Doolittle up to Alameda (and back) to minimize your freeway time.

You could also stop at my house in Union City if it is useful...

Bill

Thank you all, and thanks for the offer Bill. I will certainly keep that in mind. We ended up just going to grandma's house 40 miles away and trickle charging. We will tackle USS Hornet another day.

Back