First Commercial Blink Chargers Installed in Seattle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://www.ecotality.com/newsletter/20110609_Commercial_Charging_Qwest_Field_Seattle.html

Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn fully supports the development of electric vehicle infrastructure in Seattle and said, “Electrification of our transportation is a very promising opportunity for reducing the carbon impact of our city. It makes economic sense and is good for the environment.”

4 L2 chargers were installed at the Qwest Field stadium.

qwest-field-blink.jpg

ECOtality is currently in discussions with public and private property owners for installations of public charg
stations in the Puget Sound region, and has announced pilot programs with national retailers including Sear
Meyer, Macy’s, BP/Arco, Cracker Barrel and Best Buy for The EV Project.

The Blink Pedestal is a level 2 charging station that provides intelligent, user-friendly features that intuitively
safely charge EVs. They include an interactive color touch screen and web-based media delivery via the Blink
Network. Anyone will be able to charge at Blink charging stations utilizing a Blink InCard or by becoming Blink
members. To obtain a Blink InCard, visit the Blink Network website at blinknetwork.com, or contact the Blink
Customer Support Center at 888.998.BLINK (2546).

Businesses in the Pacific Northwest Region that are interested in hosting Blink charging stations should con
Feldman, Northwest Area Manager at ECOtality, at [email protected], or by calling 206.659.7072.

Hopefully, this means that the public Blink charging station design/UL listing/permits have been ironed out and we should start seeing more public chargers going in all over.

Hopefully.

turbo2ltr said:
Is the one on the end for kids to charge their Power Wheels? :)
(I know its ADA compliant)
There's some EV Project requirement that ONE of each public L2 space is Handicap parking.

In situations where only one charger is going in, this means one out of two "in reach" spaces will have to be Handicap. SO you would need a Disabled placard AND an EV car to use that space. Yeah.

GroundLoop said:
There's some EV Project requirement that ONE of each public L2 space is Handicap parking.

In situations where only one charger is going in, this means one out of two "in reach" spaces will have to be Handicap. SO you would need a Disabled placard AND an EV car to use that space. Yeah.
No. One EVSE needs to be in an accessable space - not handicap reserved.

I used one of the 24 stations today that opened here in Seattle as deployment begins in earnest. Also got the box of Blink Swag today - http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4307

I like the jacket and will use it.

Back