Most kWh in charging session?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBlueLeaf

We keeping talking about range but I'm curious what's the most amount of electricity that has been consumed in a single charge session. Now that BlinkNetwork.com has numbers, its a bit easier for me to check the home numbers but until recently, I could only look at Coulomb (ChargePoint Network) and their online site to get a historical sense.

20.491 kWh is the largest session I have had so far and I'm sure I'm nowhere near the most so speak up and share.

davewill said:
How are you getting historical data on charge events using blinknetwork.com? The best I can do is daily totals for the last week.

Yeah - I don't get historical data, I just get last session data and I haven't had one yet that exceeded 20 kWh that I recall.

Darn, I was hoping you'd found something I hadn't. I keep looking for the "My Reports" section of the site to have something in there that would let me track usage, but nothing.

easy to break the record, just remotely turn on the heater a few times during the charging and it will take quite a long time to make up for it.

palmermd said:
easy to break the record, just remotely turn on the heater a few times during the charging and it will take quite a long time to make up for it.

okay - but not the point. really - i'm interested and I hope others are, in how much is the max that the pack will take on a single charge event. I'd think those that have depleted their entire pack would be the ones with that info.

24 kWh + about 10% for losses in charging efficiency = approximately 26.5kWh, more if you are using L1. DaveInOly and EVnow should probably have the best answer as they are tracking their data very closely and it is documented in plenty of other threads.

I assumed you were just trying to set a record, and in that case, just drive to turtle and charge with L1 and keep cycling the heater as much as possible during the charge, conceivably you could charge forever this way since the heater can draw power faster than the charger can put it back.

I just posted a table of reported numbers.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4344

26.4 by waidy is the largest till now.

I have 1 mile showing up on the Nissan Owner website, so I predict tonight to be a good charge. Here's the biggest this month. I don't know how to get the May data.

24.7 kWh

6-2-2011 12:10 AM 6-2-2011 6:50 AM 24.2 kWh
6-2-2011 7:10 AM 6-2-2011 7:30 AM 0.5 kW

Edit:

June 15, 2011, several miles into "Very Low" the night before, the charge was:

24.1 kWh

12:09 AM 6:45 AM 24.1 kWh

I don't know if all the Blinks are calibrated the same, or if there is unit-to-unit variation.

Mine reads a consistent 1.4% low for consumption, when compared to the SDG&E meter.

I charged last night from "----" Low Charge (approx 3 miles remaining?)
The Blink registered 23.163, while SDG&E metered 24.447.
That's a full 5.5% different, so I don't know what happened there.

big-charge.png

Back