Carwings does not list most Charging Stations in Seattle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divaqs

I am familiar with a lot of charging stations in the greater Seattle area that Carwings seems to be blind to when I search for nearby charging stations.

When I run updates on charging stations, I occassionally see new ones supposedly being added from the Information Center... however they are never listed as a possible destination.

Anyone know what is going wrong?

divaqs said:
I am familiar with a lot of charging stations in the greater Seattle area that Carwings seems to be blind to when I search for nearby charging stations.

When I run updates on charging stations, I occassionally see new ones supposedly being added from the Information Center... however they are never listed as a possible destination.

My only answer to this is that Nissan Carwings sucks and they are not updating it, nor does there appear to be a way to input charging stations for the public.

-Matt

I've got the same problem. I guess we need to start complaining to Nissan to make this work the way it is supposed to. There are several new stations coming online. Between BLINK who doesn't even have a map of their charger locations and focuses on flashy press releases and CARWINGS/Nissan who's system doesn't update new stations...it's quite a disappointment. I really like the car, don't get me wrong...but expected this aspect would be worked harder by Nissan to battle the range anxiety.

Anyone suggest best method to get this feedback to Nissan?

I seem to recall there was a movement afoot to try and get people to combine "auto-add" charging stations which are the ones the car recognizes after having been plugged in. Certainly not as convenient as an auto update, but certainly more convenient than having to go to all the charging stations yourself.

Considering that so many of these new charging stations are in pay-to-park or semi-private structures, I've got to admit that I wouldn't find the CarWings info terribly useful unless they start putting in some specific directions to these things (3rd floor of pay-to-park garage, SE corner; free underground garage aisle 2; E side of Qwest Field pay lot; etc.). I guess this is where the crowd-sourcing type of online app would be more useful; you could not only find out where the charging stations are at, but what condition they're in, how accessible they are, etc. Mated with some system for telling you which charging stations are available would be a god-send, at least until charging stations become so ubiquitous that such apps are no longer necessary (did you ever need an app to tell you whether or not a gas pump was available?).

Would you mind listing the ones you know about in the Seattle area or if someone knows of a list already started, please point me to it. I think it's great that Carwings functions to the extent that it does and realize that as an early adapter these kinds of things are to be expected, but I too have found the charging station finder next to useless at this stage in the game and I would get a great deal of satisfaction out of using the network if it's actually out there even in skeleton form already.

g

divaqs said:

http://www.mychargepoint.net/find-stations.php shows the ChargePoint locations in Seattle including specific location details.
http://www.blinknetwork.com/locator.html shows the Blink locations, with not as precise location details. This does not include the 4 on P4 of Whole Foods Downtown Garage that I saw this weekend.

TLeaf said:
Considering that so many of these new charging stations are in pay-to-park or semi-private structures, I've got to admit that I wouldn't find the CarWings info terribly useful unless they start putting in some specific directions to these things (3rd floor of pay-to-park garage, SE corner; free underground garage aisle 2; E side of Qwest Field pay lot; etc.). I guess this is where the crowd-sourcing type of online app would be more useful; you could not only find out where the charging stations are at, but what condition they're in, how accessible they are, etc. Mated with some system for telling you which charging stations are available would be a god-send, at least until charging stations become so ubiquitous that such apps are no longer necessary (did you ever need an app to tell you whether or not a gas pump was available?).

I haven't seen any pay-to-park or semi-private charging stations yet. I have been seeing most of them instead popping up at publicly available city government buildings, Firestations, Schools, and Bellevue Square Mall. You do need ChargePoint Pass card to use them, but so far, other than Microsoft, all of the charging stations I have used are free.

I wish I could find a nice phone app to list locations so I didn't have to pre-locate them via the ChargePoint.net website before going places. I can't seem to get the chargePoint website to work in my Droid. ugh
It is frustrating to know that there are so many charging stations available and Carwings is blind to them.... even though it is supposedly "adding" new ones when I run an update.

I look forward to the day that most grocery stores, theaters, etc, have charging stations. It is nice seeing so many around.

Back