No Carwings data since May

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icebox2000

I'm not sure if I did something to make Carwings not transmit anymore, but the Carwings website you get to thru the Nissan Owners Portal only has data from 5/10-5/20 and then 6/21-22. Does anybody know why it would not be collecting any of my data? Thanks.

did you select to stop participating? can do that at Carwings website.

as far as Carwings; i do find it interesting to see world rankings and such to see how i stack up, but the actual #'s portrayed mean nothing to me. ya, would be nice to average 8+ miles per KWH in real life, but...

I just got off the phone with Nissan Carwings dept and they stated I need to go to the dealer and have a "TCU Reset" performed. Not sure what that is, but I'll give it a try.

There has been a discussion of trouble some owners have with the carwings website, myself included. The temporary fix is to disconnect the 12V battery for five or ten minutes, at which point the car will communicate for about two days before it again stops. I seem to recall this is a known problem and Nissan is working on a fix, but to my knowledge there is still no resolution.

I was having car wings issues, called the EV hotline and they stated there was some kind of bug that can cause the car to stop responding to the requests for updates. I was told they were coming out with a new software update to address the issue. Until then, There is no need to go to the dealer for a TCU reset, they simply unplug the negative lead from the 12 volt battery, wait for a bit (I waited for a half hour as some reported 10 minutes not being long enough) and then reconnect it. This is easy to do yourself and worth a try before going through the trouble of setting up an appointment. It's nice having car wings back, the fix has lasted a couple of weeks now.
G

Icebox2000 said:
I just got off the phone with Nissan Carwings dept and they stated I need to go to the dealer and have a "TCU Reset" performed. Not sure what that is, but I'll give it a try.

Icebox2000 said:

ya, THAT is standard response. i got same thing and it was found later that Carwings registered the incorrect VIN. but then again, my Carwings had not worked at all up to that point. i just got a "you must first register at Carwings Website before completing this step"

i would try the disconnect 12 volt battery for 10 minutes first

Back