charging timer problem. help!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solardude

i have had my car for less than one week. i cannot get the charging timers to set. here's what's happening:

i hit the zero emission button
i hit charging timer
i hit set timer 1
i enter 3:00 start time
i hit end time
i enter 2:50
i hit ok
i hit assign days, and assign Mon through Sun
i hit ok
i hit % charge and select 80%
i hit back
i hit save timer
the screen says "is the plan for Timer 1 correct?"
i hit "yes"
the screen pops up with a little box that says " timer settings saved. timer is now ON"
the screen then goes back to the initial set up screen and says "The Charging Timers are not set."
when i turn the car off the display says "charging timers OFF"

i just cannot get the timer to set. am i doing something wrong? help!!

OK, two things. One, don't set a start time. Just set the end time. That could be your problem.

2: Make sure that the orange dot is there beside the timer. If not, hit the timer button to turn it on. If you need a picture, let me know.

solardude said:
Thanks for the suggestions, but it still doesn't work :cry:

There is a clear. Maybe you should clear it. Turn the car off. Turn it back on. Do it again. You do have the care on when you do this, right?

The actions you describe are correct. When the Nav returns to the initial timer screen it should show an orange clock icon next to "Timer 1" and the indication "On." It doesn't matter whether you set only a start time, only an end time or both times.

It sounds like a computer error. If turning the car off and back on then going through the same procedure doesn't work, take it to the dealer. There is a slight chance that the problem will clear if you disconnect the 12v battery for about 10 minutes. This has fixed error codes in the past but I have no information that indicates that it would work for this problem.

I am sure other more knowledgeable people will be posting soon.

On 2nd thought- on the far right, in the Timer screen, be sure that the light next to "Timer 1" is lit!

thanks everyone. i was trying to avoid going to the dealer (65.5 miles away), but it looks like that's what i'll have to do. I unplugged the battery for 10 minutes, still no go. cleared all timers, turned off, turned back on, still no go.
thanks again

i am just posting the solution in case someone else has the same problem. turns out the clock was set to 24 hour, which was fouling the timers up. the tech set it to 12 hour, then the timers set just fine.

solardude said:
i am just posting the solution in case someone else has the same problem. turns out the clock was set to 24 hour, which was fouling the timers up. the tech set it to 12 hour, then the timers set just fine.
Ah. To clarify, 24 hour clock won't cause an issue with the timers (I set all my clocks to 24 hour time including the Leaf, I'm weird) but if you do that and set it to 02:30 then the timer will enable at 2:30AM. You would want to set it at 14:30 to start it at 2:30PM.

Hey, just reaching out here. I realise this thread is quite old but it describes my issue exactly.

My clock is set to 12hr - already checked that - but no luck.

I have the same problem between the climate and charge timers - can’t get either to show the Orange indicator.

Any help?

Cheers.

Ramon959 said:
Hey, just reaching out here. I realise this thread is quite old but it describes my issue exactly.

My clock is set to 12hr - already checked that - but no luck.

I have the same problem between the climate and charge timers - can’t get either to show the Orange indicator.

Any help?

Cheers.

Make sure your 12V battery is healthy and showing a good charge. Consider topping it off with an external charge or maintainer.

Disconnect black lead on 12V battery. Wait 10 minutes. Re-connect 12V battery. Drive the car out of your garage into the driveway where you have a clear view of the sky. Wait 3 minutes with the car on. Try to set the timers.

Two things can happen:
1) The computer can get confused, especially if there was a low 12V voltage at some point. Pulling power for 10 minutes fixes it.
2) If you reset the car by disconnecting 12V, the nav/music unit cannot acquire the time if it can't see the sky. The time on the nav is set from GPS. Until it does this, it won't let you setup a charge timer.

Good luck!

Back