Power Line Adapter (PLI) not working for you?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takoyaki

I was having issue getting PLI to work. ie. the two units were not connecting.
Since I resolved it I thought I should post it here for reference for others.

The PLI I got from electrician is from Alfa AHPE303.

http://www.alfa.com.tw/in/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=AHPE303&Category=107743

It's supposed to be plug and play by just pushing the 'group' button on each units
after their connected to the outlet and ethernet ports of router and Blink.

However in my case, I had to 'ungroup' one of the units before linking them.
You can do that by pressing 'group' button for 10sec. After all lights will blink
once (or twice?) indicating it has been 'ungrouped'. Then proceed by pressing
the group button on each unit (order shouldn't matter). Remember to press
it for 1-3 sec and note that the power LED is blinking. That tells you that it is
in broadcast/join mode looking for other units.

Initially I didn't ungroup so PLI was not even working and had to get a long cable
to update firmware. However even at 1.6, WiFi is very shaky so I went back to
trying to get PLI working after finding the above in the manual.

Hope this helps!

I just got mine installed last week and it seems to work OK right off the bat. However, the transmitter seems to be a little warm to the touch. I wonder if that's normal?

I got the Alfa ones, too. I looked at their website but didn't see any power rating in their specs.

Those blue blinking lights are pretty bright. They literally can serve as night lights in my garage.

Volusiano said:
I just got mine installed last week and it seems to work OK right off the bat. However, the transmitter seems to be a little warm to the touch. I wonder if that's normal?

I got the Alfa ones, too. I looked at their website but didn't see any power rating in their specs.

Those blue blinking lights are pretty bright. They literally can serve as night lights in my garage.

I'm using them, because the Blink will not pick up my router signal without them, even though it's less than 25ft away.

:?: I'm wondering how much electricity they consume?? Anybody know?

Back