List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmermd said:
I agree. Law of supply and demand. Dealers have the option of charging the market price, and we know that there is a limited supply. If it were not for Nissan setting it up so we can take delivery of the first cars where we want to and not have to go to the dealer to find one on a lot that the dealer purchased, they would all be over MSRP. I thank Nissan for coming up with this brilliant way of rolling out a new vehicle, and allowing us to get the car for MSRP.

You'll have a hard time getting the dealer to sell for less than MSRP also because of this system. The dealers do not order the cars as in a normal purchase, the dealer will take delivery of the car only if we say that is where we (the buyer) want to purchase it. The dealer car orders will happen in the second wave of purchases.

I feel sorry for Volt buyers. I've contacted my Chevy dealer and they will definitely be charging over MSRP for the initial Volts. I have been on a wait list for the Volt since the beginning, but I am not going to pay over MSRP. If I still purchase one, it will have to be when the dealer cant get them off the lot and is willing to sell for MSRP or below.

I think you're right and make a good point.

Of course there's always room to negotiate financing terms, and dealers are generally happy to do that :)

johnr said:
Of course there's always room to negotiate financing terms, and dealers are generally happy to do that :)

Sure, with the red pen and lots of circles.

evnow said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
evnow -
Thank you so much for the Younker Nissan info. Curious what you heard from the other Seattle area dealers - Bellevue specifically.

They refused to confirm one way or the other. So, though they are the closest to me, I won't be buying from them.

EVNow,

I received an email from Nissan of the Eastside agreeing to sell the vehicle for MSRP with no additional markups. I think I'll still keep the Younker selection since they are actually advertising this to everyone but at least it seems that if you press the Bellevue dealership, that they will respond accordingly. I should note that the initial contact I received said "at this time" which is basically useless. It took a follow up email to get the direct response and promise.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I received an email from Nissan of the Eastside agreeing to sell the vehicle for MSRP with no additional markups. I think I'll still keep the Younker selection since they are actually advertising this to everyone but at least it seems that if you press the Bellevue dealership, that they will respond accordingly. I should note that the initial contact I received said "at this time" which is basically useless. It took a follow up email to get the direct response and promise.

Nice, they have wisened up. They wouldn't confirm to me after multiple email exchanges - even after I told them the other two had written to me with promises of MSRP sale - and I won't put them as preferred vendor at Nissan website if they can't promise.

Wish mwalsh had turned me on to this site sooner.

Just read this thread, then logged into Nissan's LEAF web site and discovered I can no longer edit my dealer choice. Can still change vehicle configuration, but not dealer selection. Hmmmmm.

DrPowell said:
Just read this thread, then logged into Nissan's LEAF web site and discovered I can no longer edit my dealer choice. Can still change vehicle configuration, but not dealer selection. Hmmmmm.
Weird, I can still click on "locate a dealer". When I do that it defaults to just showing the dealer I selected, but if I type my zip in, select the mile range and click "GO" it appears I can select other dealers.

Strange, I just changed my "preferred" dealer to "none selected" about a week ago.

For the last month or so, one could have only one "preferred" (understandable), and also only ONE "allow contact" dealer.

Originally, one could select several "allow contact" dealers.

Must have been a transient thing. Logged in again after reading mwalsh's reply and it looks as it did before. Sorry for the false alarm.

Anyone in Seattle having experience with Eastside Nissan in Bellevue, please mail me. Thx

evnow said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:

Nice, they have wisened up. They wouldn't confirm to me after multiple email exchanges - even after I told them the other two had written to me with promises of MSRP sale - and I won't put them as preferred vendor at Nissan website if they can't promise.

I replied to the thread but with all dealers, I suggest checking the Better Business Bureau for their rating. I did this and discovered my current choice of dealer, Younkers, has a A+ rating whereas Nissan of the Eastside has a B- rating, is not accredited and has 19 complaints.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
evnow said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I suggest checking the Better Business Bureau for their rating. I did this and discovered my current choice of dealer, Younkers, has a A+ rating whereas Nissan of the Eastside has a B- rating, is not accredited and has 19 complaints.

Good idea to check the BBB raiting first, especially when we have multiple choices. I will do that today :)

Sigh. I still don't feel that much further ahead. I went to my local dealership today, told them that dealer orders started next month, and that I wanted to be certain of a MSRP deal.

You know the Nissan dealer hold-back is 2.75% (I thought it was 2%, but this is according to the salesperson I just spoke to), so that's like $900+ free and clear on a MSRP deal. That should be plenty on a car the dealer has to do next to no work to market or sell.

I sent two emails...Today I mentioned that Nissan would like to have us pick our dealership in August. I let them know I had a day one reservation and deposit and that I would choose which dealership my Leaf is to be shipped to based on the dealerships BBB score and on the Dealership selling for MSRP.

Now I wait and see what answer I get back.

Seems an easy grand for the dealership, plus they get a possible returning customer and maybe sell me some extras...all for having a pre reserved car sent to their lot.

Gavin

wow..insanely fast and positive response...

My General Manger has no interest placing a "Market Adjustment" on the Nissan LEAF and will be charging MSRP. Sometime in August you will be sent an E-mail granting you access to acquire a quote from your selected dealer. The sooner the quote is accepted by both parties the quicker your order can be processed. There is also a ride and drive event for customers with reservations tentatively set in October.

Gavin

Gavin said:
wow..insanely fast and positive response...

My General Manger has no interest placing a "Market Adjustment" on the Nissan LEAF and will be charging MSRP. Sometime in August you will be sent an E-mail granting you access to acquire a quote from your selected dealer. The sooner the quote is accepted by both parties the quicker your order can be processed. There is also a ride and drive event for customers with reservations tentatively set in October.

Gavin

I think they want your business!! :lol:

I don't know if this is new information or not:

Me: Hi Jesse, I was just looking at my reservation on the Nissan Leaf website....it is no longer possible to make changes to the dealers selected?

Jesse: Michael, you can make changes when the orders are placed later this year

Me: OK, so I will get a reservation slip or something that I can simply take to my dealer of choice?

Jesse: You will place a request for a quote later this year online and it will get sent to the dealer you choose.

Back