Is my home charger working right?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvdleaf

I am new to this forum and boards in general. My question is related to my home charger. When I plug in, after a second or two there is a large bang of sorts (sort of like a huge circuit breaker being pulled on or off). Then it appears to be charging. But when I charge at home my maximum is between 80 and 93. When I charge at work it is between 93 and 106. Both appear to be the same style charger. Do you think something is wrong at home?

Don't look at the miles estimate to determine battery charge. It estimates the miles based on the last trip before charging. If you drive downhill to work or at a slower speed, the miles estimate will be higher. I drive down hill to work and charge to 100% at work and the miles estimate is usually around 96 to 98. Going home is uphill and when I charge to 100% at home, the miles estimate is about 80 to 83. As long as you get 12 bars, the battery is being charged to 100%. We call the miles estimate a guessometer. :)

cvdleaf said:
Perfect...great answer. Clears up a lot. And the Bang when it starts charging is OK too?

Yeah, it's the relay in the EVSE (What people refer to as a charger, but it is actually an electricity supply controller.The charger is in the car).

Back