I Beat EPA's 2.9 Miles/KWh : Report Your Monthly Mileage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Month : May-2011 (two weeks so far)
a. 588 Miles
b. 171.78 KWh (Wall - Blink)
c. 3.42 Miles/KWh (Wall)
d. 4.0 Miles/KWh (Leaf)
e. ???
f. $18.04
g. 3.08 Cents/Mile

Month : June-2011
a. 584 Miles
b. 144 KWh (Wall - Blink)
c. 4.0 Miles/KWh (Wall)
d. 4.9 Miles/KWh (Leaf)
e. 7.1 Miles/KWh (CarWings)
f. $15.90
g. 2.7 Cents/Mile

Month : June 2011
Miles: 952 (Carwings)
Energy Used: 154 kWh (Carwings)
Efficiency: 6.2 miles / kWh (Carwings)
Efficiency: 5.2 miles / kWh (Leaf)

kWh Paid for: 116 ($11.60 from Wall reader)
Free Charging at various locations: 38 kWh

Price paid per mile: $0.012

Carwings World Ranking: Platinum

June; 998.7 miles 235.93 kwh from the wall 192.78 from Leaf
4.23 mpk/wall 5.18 mpk/car 10.3 cpk 2.43 cpm (cents per mile)

the numbers are going up and will have to assume due to warmer weather. did use A/C on two occasions and in both instances, it seemed to be only a small impact. once was trip to Emerald Queen (had free dinner) 59.9 miles about 80% freeway, moderate speeds between 63-58 mph depending on traffic. did hit a slowdown for a few miles on the way home (which is normal for I-5 South near the any of the freeway interchanges in South Tacoma. but still got 47 mpk from the car

patrick0101 said:
Month : June 2011
Miles: 952 (Carwings)
Energy Used: 154 kWh (Carwings)
Efficiency: 6.2 miles / kWh (Carwings)
Efficiency: 5.2 miles / kWh (Leaf)

kWh Paid for: 116 ($11.60 from Wall reader)
Free Charging at various locations: 38 kWh

Price paid per mile: $0.012

Carwings World Ranking: Platinum

wow!@! averaging 6+ kwh from car is awesome. i have only seen that twice and i thought i was doing pretty well. i did not charge anywhere but home and did 2.43 cpm and was pretty happy with that

DaveinOlyWA said:
wow!@! averaging 6+ kwh from car is awesome. i have only seen that twice and i thought i was doing pretty well. i did not charge anywhere but home and did 2.43 cpm and was pretty happy with that

Dave, that's from CarWings, the car is 5.2. For instance, from CarWings, I averaged 7.5m/Kwh for June and somewhere in the high 5's from the LEAF.

LEAFfan said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Dave, that's from CarWings, the car is 5.2. For instance, from CarWings, I averaged 7.5m/Kwh for June and somewhere in the low 6's from the LEAF.

LOL!! i completely missed that...but then again, i did not know anyone still used that...hold on!

ok, just logged into Carwings for first time since may 25th (according to my browser) glad to see the Nissan site updates on its own. thought i had to do it manually (updated 6/25) so they must do it weekly if i dont.

ya, i am 8.5 mpk which is as usual, useless to me

LEAFfan said:
Dave, that's from CarWings, the car is 5.2. For instance, from CarWings, I averaged 7.5m/Kwh for June and somewhere in the low 6's from the LEAF.
LEAFfan, what are your stats like ? I think in MNL you have the best m/kwh.

June Mileage for me was 2,885 with 7 no driving days (vacation). Carwings says 5miles/kwh but there is no way - in car observations are between 3.9 and 4.3 with a reset each day.

Charging costs (commercial rate) are running $0.26 per hour of charging on 240V L2 system. 64 miles of freeway driving costs $1.43. Measured at the wall. Costs at home are higher.

There is another topic about beating the 73 mile range. If I had the same mix of driving that they used, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem, but my drive is nearly all freeway with a reverse commute and higher speeds, I'd be hesitant to push it that far without bringing the speed down.

Month: June, 2011 (started June 8)
A. 474 Miles
B. 77 Kwhs (Wall/Blink)
C. 4.6 Miles/Kwh (Wall)
D. 5.6 Miles/Kwh (LEAF)
E. 7.5 Miles/Kwh (CarWings)
F. $9.00 (rounded and without PVs)
G. 1.9 Cents/Mile (have no idea what it really is since I'm using our PVs)

May-11 Jun-11
kWh 303 246
miles 1300 1116
mpk 4.29 4.54
cost 26.36 20.41

cost largely offset by solar in May, for which I have the bill. LADWP is recalculating because of error.

LEAFfan said:
CarWings doesn't show 'Platinum' for World Rankings, just 'Regional'.
I stand corrected. Regionally I was platinum. My World ranking was 257th, which does not seem very high.

Im at 3500 miles now and a life time avg of 5.7 KWH at the dash..I look forward to the winter time when me and leaffan can battle it out for best KW per mile ;-) The AC is just a killer for trying to Hypermile..

According to carwings . . . out of the 1,000's of leafers using this application, there are only 12 psycho's out there, hypermileing more than I. C'mon you loosers !! get with the program !
:lol:
Carwings.jpg

Hey I thought Nissan was supposed to fix car wings, so that it mirrors reality (which in my case is just about 5.01 miles per kWh, after all conversion losses) a bit closer. oh well any way you slice it - not too shabby.

over 8 miles per kWh . . . yea . . . I wish! That'd be a range of 160 miles. Wouldn't that be great, on a 24kWh pack?

Funny thing is the "champion" is over 62 miles / kWh. What are they doing ... turning off carwings on the hill climb, so that they only get car wings credit on the down hill slope? Yea . . .like that is some kind of reality.

Carwings is so worthless and inaccurate that I have not even looked at it in months...

hill said:
According to carwings . . . out of the 1,000's using this application, there are only 12 psycho's out there, hypermileing more than I. C'mon you loosers !! get with the program !

hill said:
Hey I thought Nissan was supposed to fix car wings, so that it mirrors reality (which in my case is just about 5.01 miles per kWh, after all conversion losses) a bit closer. oh well any way you slice it - not too shabby.
Is that 5.01 on the dash or at the wall ?

Back