Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a mention of allocations in the Ordering Today thread too. I never saw anything about it in 2011 orders. It might be worth checking if Tennessee dealers are saying the same thing. It might be cheaper to get a deal there and truck it down, or drive it till it runs out like me! There needs to be some reasonable competition to get decent deals. These are expensive cars before the tax credit, the dealers must be making a fair bit of profit on each one.

Rktennis said:
OK, so here's what I learned (not sure if it is correct or not, but it sounds legitimate). Nissan is only allowing local dealers 5 Leafs per month, so I can understand that the dealers want to make as much as they can off each of those 5 (and I'm sure they can). I guess the only chance for less than MSRP is to wait until the demand dies down and they can't sell their monthly Leaf allowance. Good luck to all.

You probably heard it from Dan or Bruce at Regal - I was going to give them business (dealer fees are slightly lower) but after hearing that load of crap (and confirming it as such with Nissan) I'll probably ignore them.

I told them they're just way too popular and I don't want to wait until 2013 :) Dumb @sses... Maybe they're thinking they're selling the Volt.

The reports of allocations in other states seem to jibe with what the dealers here are saying. Seems like a recipe for low competition. Totally lame.

Scott Evans just got their LEAF certification and the paperwork should be done sometime this week, In case someone is still looking for an alternate dealership outside of the usual suspects.

amtoro said:
I have spoken to a few dealerships already and I have not received any interest from Team Nissan in Lithia Springs or from Team nissan Marietta.

However, as my family has purchased a couple Nissan from Scott Evans in Carrollton (770)832 8289, I went to talk to them and they were not only very polite and enthusiastic (they asked me questions about it, we shared knowledge and I gave them the URL to this forum so they can participate), they promised me a very good deal on the LEAF; they even have planned a massive introduction of the car at the University of West Georgia driving the car into both, the football field and the basketball court (being zero emissions, it is the only car that can enter the arena).

The only problem, their certification is not quite complete, therefore they do not appear on the list of dealerships in the dashboard. I talked to Nissan and them about it and they will work it out, hopefully, in a way that I can place the order over the phone with Nissan instead of online.

I will post updates :)

Rktennis said:
OK, so here's what I learned (not sure if it is correct or not, but it sounds legitimate). Nissan is only allowing local dealers 5 Leafs per month, so I can understand that the dealers want to make as much as they can off each of those 5 (and I'm sure they can). I guess the only chance for less than MSRP is to wait until the demand dies down and they can't sell their monthly Leaf allowance. Good luck to all.

You are mistaken. No dealer can order a LEAF. There is no allocation. You, the customer, have to order the LEAF to be delivered through a dealer. They don't get any allocation other than those people have ordered through them.

When selecting a dealer to send a request for quote on the dashboard, several now are unelectable and marked as having reached their monthly allowance.

jimcmorr said:
Rktennis said:

You are mistaken. No dealer can order a LEAF. There is no allocation. You, the customer, have to order the LEAF to be delivered through a dealer. They don't get any allocation other than those people have ordered through them.

amtoro said:
When selecting a dealer to send a request for quote on the dashboard, several now are unelectable and marked as having reached their monthly allowance.

Well I am only an observer... being in a wave FIVE state. (That is going to change soon!) But this is not how I saw it happening in the Wave 1 states. The customer, you and I, would place an order through a dealer and then several months later take delivery through that dealer. It could be as you say but with the problems that Nissan has had with the web site, could there be something wrong that causes this? If Nissan is going to sell 4000 LEAFs to Wave 2 states you would think that they would not limit LEAF deliveries to any dealer to 5. It just doesn't make sense, and if it were me I would be talking to Nissan customer service about not being able to order through the dealer I wanted to order through. But then again are they a LEAF certified dealer? Maybe Nissan is not allowing deliveries to non LEAF certified dealers and marking them as having met an allowance.

Anyone from wave 1 care to chime in?

So I went with Town Center Nissan. Bad reviews for the dealership but, screw it, I just don't want to wait anymore and pretty much everyone is totally ignorant when it comes to the car and the ordering process. I was supposedly the first one, so that's cool since Regal said he couldn't "process" any more orders. WTH - I thought the economy was bad :) And what a shame - you'd think Nissan could prep those guys a bit better.

I wish I had recorded some of those conversations :) The award goes to Joe from the "certified" dealership in Dalton though. He said he'd been waiting for the car and the info for the past two years now, they're in the middle of rebuilding, so no charging stations yet, and he can't sell me the car because he "ain't got none in stock" (good luck trying to send him an email, I guess...) Then he went over to say he hates to be the bearer of the bad news but there are just so many negatives to owning this car. I just told him to stop because I can't take it anymore and he wished me good luck. Nice...

cracovian, that's funny... I had a guy from one dealership tell
me that he could sell me two Versas for the price of the Leaf.
DUH, no kidding..... he had no clue about RAQ's, dashboards
or anything else. Florida has been the same as your experience.

cracovian said:
The award goes to Joe from the "certified" dealership in Dalton though. He said he'd been waiting for the car and the info for the past two years now, they're in the middle of rebuilding, so no charging stations yet, and he can't sell me the car because he "ain't got none in stock" (good luck trying to send him an email, I guess...) Then he went over to say he hates to be the bearer of the bad news but there are just so many negatives to owning this car. I just told him to stop because I can't take it anymore and he wished me good luck. Nice...

I had a similar conversation with him when I inquired about charging my orphan on the way back from Chattanooga. I would have made the trip (nearly) possible. I was surprised to see they were "certified".

BTW. I did not get a reservation in with the first 20,000, so I am supposed to be able to order starting today, but it is still closed. so those of you with reservations are still ahead of the crowd. Good luck!

cracovian said:
So I went with Town Center Nissan. Bad reviews for the dealership but, screw it, I just don't want to wait anymore and pretty much everyone is totally ignorant when it comes to the car and the ordering process. I was supposedly the first one, so that's cool since Regal said he couldn't "process" any more orders. WTH - I thought the economy was bad :) And what a shame - you'd think Nissan could prep those guys a bit better.

I wish I had recorded some of those conversations :) The award goes to Joe from the "certified" dealership in Dalton though. He said he'd been waiting for the car and the info for the past two years now, they're in the middle of rebuilding, so no charging stations yet, and he can't sell me the car because he "ain't got none in stock" (good luck trying to send him an email, I guess...) Then he went over to say he hates to be the bearer of the bad news but there are just so many negatives to owning this car. I just told him to stop because I can't take it anymore and he wished me good luck. Nice...

Ya.. not a good way make a "walk up" individual into a customer. Online reviews need to be taken with a few grains of salt, though. Consider that someone who feels wronged is more likely to leave a bad review than someone who is treated with respect and courtesy is to leave a good review. I would think that Nissan Customer Service would be interested in hearing the story about the Dalton sales person.

I had a good chat with the folks at Carriage Nissan in Gainesville a week or so ago. We didn't talk price or anything because I can't order in GA because I live in NH currently. But I wanted to touch base with a Nissan representative for when I do get moved to GA. Once I get settled in my new home in GA I will be ordering my new LEAF! :D

nogajim said:
BTW. I did not get a reservation in with the first 20,000, so I am supposed to be able to order starting today, but it is still closed. so those of you with reservations are still ahead of the crowd. Good luck!

It realistically didn't open for us until last Friday, so they're running 4-5 days behind. I believe the next wave was scheduled for August 4 anyway.

Question for you though... Do you know if you'd be able to claim tax credits (both/either/or for Fed and state) for the second time provided they're in different tax years? Or is it a one time deal only?

cracovian said:
Question for you though... Do you know if you'd be able to claim tax credits (both/either/or for Fed and state) for the second time provided they're in different tax years? Or is it a one time deal only?
I am just watching for sport. One Leaf is perfect for us. I imagine tha Fed credit would apply and probably the state, too. I don't remember anything about number of credits per person.

True - I haven't seen anything on the number of times you could apply either...

One LEAF would be nice but I also signed up for the Mitsubishi iMIEV (available in GA in 2013), so provided gas prices are out of control, I get my solar panels, and the price difference is wider, then I wouldn't mind getting some money back for the second electric, especially from the state that allows you to roll them over up to five years.

jimcmorr said:
No dealer can order a LEAF. There is no allocation. You, the customer, have to order the LEAF to be delivered through a dealer. They don't get any allocation other than those people have ordered through them.

It seems that the allocations are true, as posted on the Ordering 2012 today thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4913

They are spreading the supply around so people from both Tiers get to order. It sounds like even California is headed for MSRP :(

I got my approved Certification for the GA tax credit in the mail today, exactly one week after I sent it in. Now I just have to wait for tax time to roll around and my paper tax return to be processed. Maybe this time next year I'll have the money!

If you get your Leaf late this year, you can get you dough at the same time!

Good luck!

jimcmorr said:
There is an allocation. Nissan started this a few months back in Tier 1 states.

Each Dealer can only order (or if you want be the conduit for the orders) a certain # of Leafs per month.

evnow said:
jimcmorr said:
There is an allocation. Nissan started this a few months back in Tier 1 states.

Each Dealer can only order (or if you want be the conduit for the orders) a certain # of Leafs per month.

I would think this would make it harder to order from the dealer that you really want to order from. But it is what it is I guess.

I'm not a fan of the allocations myself.

I was given 1 for the month of August and have 3 RAQ's.

Back