New England Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is open here in CT.

I guess now I have to call Nissan about the waiver for the assessment. Has anyone else in New England done this yet? And where are you getting your charger?

Thanks,

Kevin in CT

CTKevin said:
Mine is open here in CT.

I guess now I have to call Nissan about the waiver for the assessment. Has anyone else in New England done this yet? And where are you getting your charger?

Thanks,

Kevin in CT

I am in NH. I called the day after the "Home Assessment" tab opened. It was very painless.

Yes, I actually had the waiver put on a week ago. I accepted the RAQ yesterday and ordered.

Bought the Schieder Electric EVSE from Home Depot, if you checkout the EVSE threads, you will see a picture of it installed in my garage.

Thanks for the tips. I guess I was Stunned to get the Email about ordering sooo soon ;) (although Nissan did say Fall 2011) I was getting in a tizzy about what to do about the charger station. I just spent the last hour or so going through the EVSE section of the forum. Also I just got some information about the Schneider units. A friend of mine when to a showing in Hartford Area last tuesday and brought me back a bunch of stuff about EV and chargers. So I do have the Schneider Brochure in hand. And my Brother in law is a electrician ;) Ofcourse I may have to Buy Him a Charger to pay for the installation of mine! I think I might need substantial reworking of my electrical panel to add the outlet and I was going to have him add a transfer switch for a new generator anyway.

Thanks again for the help.

One other thing, Where are you looking to Buy your Leaf? My nearest certified Leaf dealer is in Rhode Island. I am in Mystic, CT not to far from the RI border.

I have not contacted him as of yet since I got the update on the dashboard.

Kevin

]Happy to see someone else in Connecticut ordered a Leaf. I thought when our state was opened a flood of people would be ordering one. Still many don't know about this car or have the wrong information.
Acceptance date 10/29/2011. ETA 01/2012-03/2012
2012 Nissan Leaf SL, Glacial Pearl
Waterbury, CT area

Update -- I just placed my order in Western Massachusetts.

I had to stop in at the dealership on Saturday and explain how my RAQ shows up on some kind of dashboard since they didn't know about it. The sales manager pulled it up right then and there on the computer. I saw they were allotted only one LEAF for the month so MSRP seems pretty reasonable to me. Luckily I own two Nissans purchased from the dealership so he knows me and as a "loyal Nissan guy" I was able to get the edge over any competition for that one allotted car.

Now the next phase of the waiting begins. Also awaiting the backordered Schneider EVSE from Home Depot. Time to clear out the garage, get that garage door opener and get ready for the car's arrival in the worst part of the New England winter.

reserved 4/20/2010
waiver and RAQ 9/29/11
Placed Order 10/3/11
Blue Ocean SL with floor and cargo mats and splash guards

listless, I am in Eastern MA (Boston area) and placed my order on Thursday, my dealer had 3 Leafs in their allocation, I was #1.

I updated the "leasing" spreadsheet, it you look under the leasing threads, near the end, I posted a newly modified google spreadhsheet that applies to MA (our sales tax, DMV fees, etc)

Well I called Nissan today and got the home assessment waiver. Painless it definitely was ;)
However my next question is this, I had chosen a dealer in Rhode Island as my preferred dealer. But it doesn't show up on my dashboard now another local dealer does. Prior to this, only the RI dealer was certified not the local dealer. And ofcourse I don't see anyway to change it right now. Could this be due to RI not on the Select Area list for the next rollout? I opened my area to 100 miles and it was showing dealers in Mass, CT and NY not RI.

hmmmm,

Kevin

CTKevin said:
Well I called Nissan today and got the home assessment waiver. Painless it definitely was ;)
However my next question is this, I had chosen a dealer in Rhode Island as my preferred dealer. But it doesn't show up on my dashboard now another local dealer does. Prior to this, only the RI dealer was certified not the local dealer. And ofcourse I don't see anyway to change it right now. Could this be due to RI not on the Select Area list for the next rollout? I opened my area to 100 miles and it was showing dealers in Mass, CT and NY not RI.

hmmmm,

Kevin

The dealer I originally picked 10 miles away was not availble either, turns out they did not complete their Leaf certification, so I was not able to order from them. No problem, there are other dealers about the same distance away, in different directions, so I just went with one of them. Initially they had all of the dealers availble to choose, the ones that have not completed their certifications, have fallen off the list...

Hi Mitch,

I just got an email from the local guy. He said the service department is still not certified but that he was. So I have to look elsewhere which I prepared to do anyway. Its just that when you choose your dealer through the dashboard it says they are all for the most part certified. Its not till you pull up the map that it shows who is really certified. Pretty frustrating.

Kevin

CTKevin said:
Hi Mitch,

I just got an email from the local guy. He said the service department is still not certified but that he was. So I have to look elsewhere which I prepared to do anyway. Its just that when you choose your dealer through the dashboard it says they are all for the most part certified. Its not till you pull up the map that it shows who is really certified. Pretty frustrating.

Kevin

Well, "for the most part" doesn't let me get the Leaf order placed, so was not good enough for me :) My original dealer actually called to tell me they are getting a Leaf in a month, if I want to come down and see it, thats when I told them, they are not showing up on the "RAQ" system, and I had to go with someone else. Not all of the Nissan dealers want to put the money and effort into being Leaf certified, and the ones that have deserve to be rewarded. Its been over 500 days since I reserved on 4/20/2010, I am not going to let a few slacker dealers slow down the process, its not like they havn't had enough time to get prepared for this...

do you know how long I have to wait before I can a quote from another dealer? The dashboard seems locked until I get a response from the current dealer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Kevin

CTKevin said:
do you know how long I have to wait before I can a quote from another dealer? The dashboard seems locked until I get a response from the current dealer.
Kevin

I think they have 24 hours to respond, not sure as to how it gets "unlocked", as the dealer I picked did respond (twice) the first time they quoted the entire purchase price as the "monthly lease price", I had a few laughs on that one. I rejected it, and they came up with the correct lease figures on the 2nd try, and I accepted it, to get the Leaf ordered. They only had 3 Leafs allocated for October, so I didn't want to doddle around.

From my experience last week, after 24 hours, you are automatically given the option to select another dealer and submit the RAQ again or you can just wait. If you even click on the link to select another dealer (and don't complete it), the original dealer will see your request as if you rejected the quote. I ended up talking to the dealership in this period and had to re-submit the RAQ to the original dealer. They had another RAQ and only one allotted car so I did it on my iPhone right after leaving the dealership.

Ok, I was able to get another quote today. The dashboard did open up after the 24hr period. There is a link listed in tiny letters about requesting another quote which I clicked on. So I got a real quote from a dealer farther away from me. He wants 33630.00 + a Documentation fee so about $34000.00 + tax.

How does this sound??? I believe the tax is Zero here in CT for an EV but I will double check. I didn't pay any for my Honda Civic Hybrid ;)

Kevin

My RAQ is higher ($38,410 including $850 destination charge), but I am getting the SL, here are my order details:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1114&start=380#p136590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the only options are the floor & cargo mats ($170), and the mud flaps ($130)

Yes, I am looking at the SV Ocean Blue, no options. I will have to see what the dealer will throw in ;)

Update: the dashboards for people in New England who have orders submitted is now showing "January 2012" :)

I guess I will be leasing, as I am not willing to wait until my 2012 Federal Tax filing, in 2013 for the $7500 credit. You can always pay of the lease after 3 months...

If you pay off the Leaf after 3 months? What interest charges (and other charges above the MSRP) do you pay in total for the car

Back