Dan Patrick takes delivery of his Nissan LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Earlier this fall, sportscaster and radio personality Dan Patrick took delivery of his new Nissan LEAF. Nissan wanted to capture his first thoughts as he gathered up his radio crew, the Danettes, and hit the road. Since we appear to have missed this when it was released at the end of September, my thanks to Sarah from the Nissan PR team for bringing it to my attention:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IcqSz4h1_o[/youtube]

Dan Patrick is an American sportscaster, and radio personality. He is the host of The Dan Patrick Show, co-host of NBC’s Football Night in America and writer for Sports Illustrated. He previously worked on ESPN for 17 years where he anchored the weeknight edition of Sports Center. He currently is involved with Nissan on the Sports Illustrated Heisman Tour presented by Nissan that brings technological college football tailgating experience to ten of the season’s highest profile college football games.

Frankly, I go out of my way to avoid Leaf stories featuring any kind of "personality" or "celebrity..."

mwalsh said:
Earlier this fall, sportscaster and radio personality Dan Patrick took delivery of his new Nissan LEAF. Nissan wanted to capture his first thoughts as he gathered up his radio crew, the Danettes, and hit the road. Since we appear to have missed this when it was released at the end of September, my thanks to Sarah from the Nissan PR team for bringing it to my attention.

Aww, let's not be too critical -- this guy doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and obviously is no Howard Stern so came across (to me anyway) as just another regular guy who happens to like the LEAF -- not a techno geek on the features, etc. ; just likes the no gas scenario -- Thanks for sharing

TomT said:
Frankly, I go out of my way to avoid Leaf stories featuring any kind of "personality" or "celebrity..."
And yet, despite the title of the thread clearly stating that it was exactly that, you had to read and post anyway...it makes one wonder just how hard you actually try to "avoid" these. :D

Well, since I did not watch the video, I'd say I avoided it fairly successfully.

davewill said:
TomT said:
And yet, despite the title of the thread clearly stating that it was exactly that, you had to read and post anyway...it makes one wonder just how hard you actually try to "avoid" these. :D

Nice! I would have liked to have them talk a little more about a couple of the unique advantages and the LEAF is well suited for - LEAF around town, nearby towns, fire up the hybrid gasser or rent to see the Grand Canyon... Regardless, really refreshing to see such an upbeat piece! Celebrities ...are... Celebrities. Some are nice and helping out, others aren't. They're people. Some like Ed Begley, Alexandra Paul, Bill Nye, etc. are doing a lot of good in promoting sustainable living, including Electric Vehicles, renewable energy including Solar and Wind.

Right near the end of the video ... isn't that a manufacturer's license plate ? Am I wrong ? Or was this particular vehicle (at the end of the video) *NOT* his personal LEAF ?

It kind of reminded me of a scripted commercial..I wonder if they gave him a Leaf for doing it..

Back