Canada- Reservations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gboudreau said:
My delivery status changed from "at rail" to "unavailable" yesterday, when the car arrived at the dealer.
I'll receive it Tuesday.

Congratulations! So, will you be the first customer in Quebec?

A few thousand km away: I checked the web site this morning for the status of my order and it says "At VANCOUVER port". This would suggest that the cars have been sitting there, it was just a matter of matching orders to customers.

So, any guesses how long it will take to get from Vancouver to Victoria? Heck, I'd happily hop on the ferry this morning if there were a way to pick it up from Vancouver! I expect that the (Victoria) dealer will be contacting me soon.

myev said:
ElectricAvenue said:
Ok, now I'm almost a believer: when being asked to sign up for CARWINGS, they show you the VIN!
Saw that too. Did you notice when Carwings got activated? Mine says back in August. Shouldn't this get activated after you get the car, and not 3 months before you even start using it? There's only a subscription for 3 years, right? I don't want to give up 3 months of that time before the car even arrives.

Hi "myev". I saved the text of the "NISSAN LEAF™ TELEMATICS SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES AGREEMENT". It says:

This Agreement is effective on the original and first purchase or lease date of your Nissan LEAF™ from Nissan and remains in effect for three (3) years thereafter ("Initial Term").

Presumably the purchase date is the date that you actually get the car.

gboudreau said:
Where do you see that date?
On the leaf.nissan.ca portal, under "enable CARWINGS", mine say: "account activated: 29-Sep-2011" which is the date I activated it.

In the portal I see August 18 for the activation date. And if you log into the CARWINGS site, and look under Manage Account, then Edit/Add vehicle, the same date appears there. In my case, there's already a guy driving my car - Preston Wong is the current driver.
Maybe this isn't my car at all.

Nissan was able to match me up with a White SL with QC (about a week ago, sorry for the lack of updates), and the delivery status recently went from "At VANCOUVER compound warehouse" to "At VANCOUVER port". The dealer said the car has now been put into dealer inventory, and they're now waiting for the car to be delivered, which should be next week.

I was considering leasing, but I talked to the dealer and they said that the Nissan lease rate is 6.9% for a 3 year lease, which seems much higher than the US rate. Payment would be $864, or $967 including tax. Residual was the same as in the US, 45%. At that rate I think I'll just buy.

Hi,

I have a Canadian 2011 leaf available in Toronto GTA, changing finacial circumstances require sale.

Brand new with quick charging port option and cold weather package.

myev said:
gboudreau said:
Where do you see that date?
On the leaf.nissan.ca portal, under "enable CARWINGS", mine say: "account activated: 29-Sep-2011" which is the date I activated it.

In the portal I see August 18 for the activation date. And if you log into the CARWINGS site, and look under Manage Account, then Edit/Add vehicle, the same date appears there. In my case, there's already a guy driving my car - Preston Wong is the current driver.
Maybe this isn't my car at all.
I'm getting more convinced that someone else has the car I'm supposed to get. The status went from "at rail" to "unavailable" back on October 15, which I gather indicates that it's not on a train any more, but in some compound lot, and just needs to get to the dealer by truck. The dealership's telling me it'll be on their lot within the week (last week), 100%. They've apparently been invoiced for it and everything, and nobody seems to know where it is. Anyone have any suggestions on who I can ask at Nissan?

Thanks,
Steve

Just received the first LEAF in Quebec, from Cité Nissan in Montréal.
Tomorrow, I'll get the green license plate that comes with it.
There was 4 photographers (one was a friend of mine), and there will be a press release tomorrow am about the delivery.
Didn't have much time to play with the car just yet, but I'm happy with everything I've discovered so far.

I called the dealer as I was a little concerned about the delivery status on the web changing today from "At VANCOUVER port" to "not available". I was hoping the reason was that the car had arrived at the dealer, and indeed it has. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

I'll be the first Leaf owner in Victoria.

Picked my car up on Wednesday, from Southside Nissan! They said I was the first consumer delivery in BC, although there was no media coverage like you guys back east. There was a news story about a university delivery a week or so ago though.

Only two minor problems, they seem to have forgotten the bumper protector and rear mat I ordered, and Carwings says "no service" when I try to connect. Has anyone else had problems with Carwings? Other than that, I'm very happy with the car! Some people were worried about the SPX EVSE not working with charge timers, but it seems to be working just fine.

tesla500 said:
Picked my car up on Wednesday, from Southside Nissan! They said I was the first consumer delivery in BC, although there was no media coverage like you guys back east.

Congratulations! I'll bet your car left on its way to the dealer at the same time as mine, but of course having to take the ferry to Victoria means mine arrived later!

I picked mine up today (couldn't pick it up during the week). First impressions:

Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, this is so cool!

I'm charging it for the first time right now.

tesla500 said:
[..] Carwings says "no service" when I try to connect. Has anyone else had problems with Carwings?

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried a couple of times from a couple of different locations, just in case it had to do with a problem with signal strength somehow. My name is long enough that I won't be trying it again for a while, I'm tired of trying to sign in using the touch screen. :D The dealer suggested coming in next week and they were going to look at the issue... I can't remember exactly how, because it's really not of importance compared to the car itself. Did I mention?

Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, this is so cool!

Finally got my blue Leaf today. It was just sitting in the compound for the last couple of weeks - I gather that the dealerships don't have much control on when the trucking firms make their deliveries, so it was a "it'll get there when it gets there" sort of thing. Now it's time to go through the manuals and have some fun. And it may soon be time to start a new regional topic, 'Canadian winter experiences'.

Anyone else used the EVSEUpgrade option in Canada ?
When I sent back my unit, in exchange for an upgraded unit I already received, I was told the unit I sent was using a 16G wire, and I was charged an extra 50$ because they would need to change that cable in order to resell my EVSE.
I think I saw somewhere on this forum that they had already sold other units to Canadian, so the 16G wire shouldn't have been a surprise to them.

Via the Canada Nissan Leaf Owners group:
GREAT NEWS!!!!! have heard through the grapevine this afternoon that the Province of BC is going to give out a $5000 electric car tax credit...and include those that have just bought!! Announcement tomorrow morning at 9am somewhere in Surrey...should we all arrange to meet out there (sorry to my friends in Ontario!) if we can figure out where???
Great news for those of us in BC!

tesla500 said:

Great news for those in BC who haven't bought their car yet!

For those who signed up early enough to buy the car already, it's a little bit frustrating. It seems unfair for someone to be paid $5000 simply because they were on the waiting list with Nissan one month longer.

And what about sales between the announcement and December 1?

ElectricAvenue said:
tesla500 said:

Great news for those in BC who haven't bought their car yet!

For those who signed up early enough to buy the car already, it's a little bit frustrating. It seems unfair for someone to be paid $5000 simply because they were on the waiting list with Nissan one month longer.

And what about sales between the announcement and December 1?

Yes, it's frustrating. There's a campaign right now on the Canada Nissan Leaf Owners group to get the government to give the rebate to the people who have already bought. So far 7 of the 10 BC consumer deliveries are in that group, are you as well ElectricAvenue? The more people endorsing our letter to the people in charge of the rebate, the better.

I suspect anyone who hasn't taken delivery yet will tell their dealer to hold off until after Dec 1st.

tesla500 said:
Yes, it's frustrating. There's a campaign right now on the Canada Nissan Leaf Owners group to get the government to give the rebate to the people who have already bought. So far 7 of the 10 BC consumer deliveries are in that group, are you as well ElectricAvenue?

Not yet. I have never signed up on Facebook. I kind of wanted to avoid that. :) But I would like to see the letter and probably sign up to it.

We picked up our Leaf from St Clair Nissan in Toronto last night! We were the first retail customers so they took our picture, wish we had dressed up!

We have decided what to do about our level 2 charger. We looked into buying the Eaton one, and it was coming in at $1800-2200 uninstalled :eek:

So we ordered the AV one from Nissan for around 1k and have an electrician to put it in for $65 an hour. He thinks it will be around 2hrs. So we are happy with that and will use the trickle charger til then.

PS We got an orphan that Nissan Canada corporate changed their mind about buying when they discovered that they did not qualify for the government rebate. duh. Can you imagine if Nissan sold themselves a car and then claimed $8.5k of taxpayer money as an incentive to buy their own car!!! Crazy!

Anyway, the dealer said there are 2 or 3 of these orphans left, they are in BC. He said he could get them to Ontario though so if anyone wants one quick, look into it. I'm a bit embarassed to say that we completely bypassed the whole on-line registration thing and got into this car quick as you like. Right place, right time. Sorry for those that have been waiting ages! :oops:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Leaf! It's interesting that Nissan Canada can't afford to purchase a Leaf without the $8500 Ontario incentive. How do you think the average person not in Ontario, Quebec or British Columbia will be able to afford one.

The sale of a used Leaf on eBay for $28,500 (US) is encouraging. One should be able to import a used Leaf into Canada and save over 10 grand.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011...rs_Trucks&hash=item19ca820a2d#ht_15013wt_1165

Back