$11,000 Total Savings on all Leafs in stock - Fontana Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leaffan said:
Gonewild said:
leaffan and other posters please update your profile to include your city and state. That way we know who we are talking. thanks

I've posted many times (different threads) that I'm in the Phoenix area and ordered on Apr. 20th around 3:00 PM (signed up for their emails Nov. '09) , but still waiting to hear from the EV Project. I'm pretty sure I qualify, they just had a glitch of some sort. I expect to hear back very soon. :D
I hear you Laffan but all I was asking was we dont remember all the post that I reply to that is all.

Dear Arizona Representative,

Please help lead Arizona’s electric vehicle adoption.

As your constituent, I urge you to aggressively promote the statewide adoption of zero-emission electric vehicles as a visionary investment.

Specifically, I ask you to:

Support aggressive incentive rebates like the states of California and Missouri. I believe incentive of $5,000 maybe to high in this economic climate but something like $2,000 would help people buy an electric vehicle instead of a gas.

Will you support Electric vehicle tax exempt as solar panels currently.

Vigorously support the construction of accessible and reliable electric vehicle (EV) charging stations within your district and statewide.

Enable people to quickly install EV charging stations at home by facilitating the permit process and by encouraging the development of consistent inspection standards.

Zero-emission electric vehicles are critical to achieving economic and energy-independence goals. EV production strengthens our state’s economy while improving air quality by lowering the number of gas-powered cars and trucks on the road.

But to make zero-emission-vehicle adoption a widespread reality, we need a network of conveniently located charging stations. And convenience begins at home.

Unfortunately, the process for obtaining the necessary home-installation permit can be lengthy. Your leadership is urgently needed to help avoid delays that discourage EV adoption, including ensuring that local inspectors are available and trained in order to meet the growing EV demand. Thank you for considering my request. Your support for electric cars puts you at the forefront of leaders dedicated to achieving energy independence, while creating a better quality of life.

Gonewild said:
Dear Arizona Senators and Representatives:

Please help lead Arizona’s electric vehicle adoption. As one of your constituents, I urge you to aggressively promote the statewide adoption of zero-emission all electric vehicles as a visionary investment.
Specifically, I ask you to:

Support aggressive incentive rebates like the states of California. Georgia, and Missouri. I believe an incentive of $5,000 may be too high in this economic climate but something like $2,000-3,000 would help people immensely to buy an electric vehicle instead of a gasoline one.

Support an all Electric vehicle tax exemption as solar panels are currently.

Vigorously support the construction of accessible and reliable electric vehicle (EV) charging stations within your district and statewide.

Enable people to quickly install EV charging stations at home by facilitating the permit process and by encouraging the development of consistent inspection standards.

Zero-emission electric vehicles are critical to achieving economic and energy-independence goals. EV production strengthens our state’s economy while improving air quality by lowering the number of gas-powered cars and trucks on the road.

But to make zero-emission-vehicle adoption a widespread reality, we need a network of conveniently located charging stations. And convenience begins at home.

Unfortunately, the process for obtaining the necessary home-installation permit can be lengthy. Your leadership is urgently needed to help avoid delays that discourage EV adoption, including ensuring that local inspectors are available and trained in order to meet the growing EV demand. Thank you for considering my request. Your support for electric cars puts you at the forefront of leaders dedicated to achieving energy independence, while creating a better quality of life.
Sincerely,

Excellent letter Gonewild! I just cleaned it up in a few places. :) Now, I was wondering if we can send copies to one central place so ALL the Senators and Reps can read it.

I sent hard copies and emails to these people. Oh I had the sincerly part on the bottom with my name was deleted for th e post.

Elected Officials-Arizona (85226)

• John Huppenthal (R-20)
• Rebecca Rios (D-23)

House of Representatives*
• John McComish (R-20)
• Rae Waters (D-20)
• Barbara McGuire (D-23)
• Franklin Pratt (R-23)

Some of these are on the environmental committee.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Gonewild said:
I sent hard copies and emails to these people. Oh I had the sincerly part on the bottom with my name was deleted for th e post.

Call.

A hard copy letter is worth ten emails.

A call is worth 10 hard copy letters.

evnow said:
Gonewild said:

Call.

A hard copy letter is worth ten emails.

A call is worth 10 hard copy letters.

http://www.congress.org to find all your elected rep's
for all the USA people are there.

Contact Rep. Barbara McGuire via email.
Website: http://www.azleg.gov/MembersPage.asp?Member_ID=36&Legislature=49

Phoenix Office:
322 House of Representatives,
Arizona 85007
Phone: (602) 926-3012
Fax: (602) 417-3123

Kearny Office: (more district offices)
PO Box 613
Kearny, Arizona 85237
Phone: (520) 363-5002

Contact Rep. Rae Waters via email.
Website: http://www.azleg.gov/MembersPage.asp?Member_ID=49&Legislature=49

Phoenix Office:
122 House of Representatives,
Arizona 85007
Phone: (602) 926-5550
Fax: (602) 417-3120

Phoenix Office: (more district offices)
4401 East Sacaton Street
Phoenix, Arizona 84044
Phone: (602) 679-3292

FontanaNissan said:
EVDRIVER said:
Anyone seen any Bay Area Deals?

If you can't find any dealers offer you below MSRP, call us and we'll help you out.

Danny, how much is the average cost of flatbedding a Leaf over to SF Bay Area?

Also, if there are 2-3 Leaf SF Bay Area customers giving you the business to deliver their Leaf vehicles over, would you consider not charging for transport? You might actually take away business from Bay Area dealerships since you're the only dealership with a $1000 below MSRP deal.

;-)

My question is would I have to pay taxes in CA at what tax rate and then do I have to pay something to AZ. That could wipe out the $1,000 savings.

mxp said:
FontanaNissan said:
EVDRIVER said:
Anyone seen any Bay Area Deals?

If you can't find any dealers offer you below MSRP, call us and we'll help you out.

Danny, how much is the average cost of flatbedding a Leaf over to SF Bay Area?

Also, if there are 2-3 Leaf SF Bay Area customers giving you the business to deliver their Leaf vehicles over, would you consider not charging for transport? You might actually take away business from Bay Area dealerships since you're the only dealership with a $1000 below MSRP deal.

;-)

I agree. I am a SF Bay Area resident and as far as I can see, there are already 3 to 4 posts from people from this area. if you are able to club all the purchases and transport, you should be able to get the shipping for free too. Let us know.

Thx

Gonewild said:
My question is would I have to pay taxes in CA at what tax rate and then do I have to pay something to AZ. That could wipe out the $1,000 savings.

Their tax rate is a little higher than ours. If you pay the CA tax, you wouldn't pay here. However, if you are leasing like I'm going to do, you pay the tax rate in your own city. We can get more savings Gonewild. I found out that CA's Doc fee is only $45! Here (Avondale's is around $345 and the rest are $400) it is over $300! So now I just have to figure out how to change my preferred dealer. If no one knows, I'm going to Nissan chat and have them do it. :)

leaffan said:
Gonewild said:

Their tax rate is a little higher than ours. If you pay the CA tax, you wouldn't pay here. However, if you are leasing like I'm going to do, you pay the tax rate in your own city. We can get more savings Gonewild. I found out that CA's Doc fee is only $45! Here (Avondale's is around $345 and the rest are $400) it is over $300! So now I just have to figure out how to change my preferred dealer. If no one knows, I'm going to Nissan chat and have them do it. :)

Just sign onto your Nissan account where you reserved your Leaf and it's on that main menu.

indyflick said:
leaffan said:
Gonewild said:

Just sign onto your Nissan account where you reserved your Leaf and it's on that main menu.

Then select a CA zip code google it.

Gonewild" Just sign onto your Nissan account where you reserved your Leaf and it's on that main menu.[/quote said:
Then select a CA zip code google it.

Ya, I did all of that, but it wouldn't let me change it. I even unchecked the boxes and saved it, but it still came up as the old one, so I just asked 'Chat' to do it and they changed it for me! :D

FontanaNissan said:
Hey guys! We are doing FREE DELIVERY up to 200 miles. :D :D :D :D
Where on the way to AZ would that get ME? That would leave me about 150 miles to go. Is there charging on the way>?

Hey if we buy it over the internet we do not have to pay sales tax right, like ebay amazon?

Gonewild said:
FontanaNissan said:
Where on the way to AZ would that get ME? That would leave me about 150 miles to go. Is there charging on the way>?

Hey if we buy it over the internet we do not have to pay sales tax right, like ebay amazon?

I wish!!! you still have to register the car and that is when tax is due. i do not know CA laws. Wa state law requires you to have 2 ID type documents and a utility bill that proves out of state residency, to exempt you from paying tax.

Gonewild said:
FontanaNissan said:

Can't get away from uncle sam on this one. You'll have to pay sales tax.. I don't know if there will be any charging station on the way there at this point.

FontanaNissan said:
Can't get away from uncle sam on this one. You'll have to pay sales tax.. I don't know if there will be any charging station on the way there at this point.

You mean uncle Arnold ? :lol:

As Deezelpower says, if buying from WA, you son't need to pay sales tax if you are out of state.

Ofcourse, in WA since EVs are exempt from sales tax in anycase, it wouldn't matter ...

Back